Abandon Ship!

Elrohir69

Reaction score
First name
Santiago
Country
llSpain
Hi guys. How do you interpret this VC from Abandon Ship!:

The Germans win 3 VPs for each mobile AFV with functioning MA and 2 VP for each Good Order squad equivalent west of hexes XYZ

Does it mean that both, the squads and the AFVs must be west of that line of hexes or only the squads must cross that line and the AFVs will count 3 VPs as far as they are mobile and functioning independently that they have crossed west of the line.

Last edited:

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both AFVs and infantry should get west, I say, based on opinion/my sense. That whole scenario is about getting past the roadblock... also. I love that scenario, enjoy. A balanced nightmare for both sides imo. Also I think it's called "Abandon Ship!" if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's just my opinion... i can see how the vic condition could be read either way... and I dont recall how we played it when I played it a while ago. So, at any rate, hopefully someone else will back.me up on my interpreration.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I've played it that only German units in the west count for VP.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Here's the VC text from the re-issued version (193 from Yanks 2):

VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Americans win at game end by amassing ≥ 2 VP more than the Germans. VP are awarded as follows: the Americans receive Exit VP for units exited off the west edge and 4 VP for Control of hex J7 at game end. The Germans receive 3 VP for each Mobile (D.7) AFV with functioning MA, and 2 VP for each Good Order squad-equivalent, west of the line defined by hexes H0, H1, and the gully running from H2-H5-A9.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played a memorable game of this against Mattius once. I had the Americans and I held the line and started counter attacking the Germans off the map. Unfortunately I forgot to pull back this 1/2 squad in time to get off the map. Dispite the splendid counter-attacking defence, I lost. Lol.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a scenario where I like to kindle and burn down the split level 2 story building with the 10-2 and a couple of squads. If the Germans get a mmg up there they can see and know all, that would be a severe problem.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Balance for the Germans is novel: trade the panther in for a Mk IV. I guess it’s for the smoke but I like the panther for a little bounding fire on the baz dudes.

Elrohir69

Reaction score
First name
Santiago
Country
llSpain
Here's the VC text from the re-issued version (193 from Yanks 2):

VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Americans win at game end by amassing ≥ 2 VP more than the Germans. VP are awarded as follows: the Americans receive Exit VP for units exited off the west edge and 4 VP for Control of hex J7 at game end. The Germans receive 3 VP for each Mobile (D.7) AFV with functioning MA, and 2 VP for each Good Order squad-equivalent, west of the line defined by hexes H0, H1, and the gully running from H2-H5-A9.
That is more clear, with the commas. I had the old version.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played this, this weekend at the SoCal club meetup. I won as the Germans. My opponent did not withdraw fast enough. We concluded at the end of turn 6 that the best he could do was to get 8vp. I still had 3 tanks so he would have been short by 3. Fun scenario, I would like to play it again.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I played this, this weekend at the SoCal club meetup. I won as the Germans. My opponent did not withdraw fast enough. We concluded at the end of turn 6 that the best he could do was to get 8vp. I still had 3 tanks so he would have been short by 3. Fun scenario, I would like to play it again.
Played this a couple of times - nice scenario. AAR's to be found here.

von Marwitz

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I feel it a bit pro USA. It can go badly for the germans with just one mistake or a bad decision.

If your sN or s dont work, one DI vs the front of the panther works or a good turn of rate with the 10-2, just one of those, and is an uphill walk for the germans. IMO. But its a great scenario.

Last edited: