AATF Databases

SoopSandwich

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there anywhere to get other databases for AATF other than the two that will come with the game?

SoopSandwich

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
thanks, I didn't even know that was there!

one question though, I only have AATF (beta), will I still be able to use other databases created in the previous titles or do I have to own them for it to work?

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
one question though, I only have AATF (beta), will I still be able to use other databases created in the previous titles or do I have to own them for it to work?
Unfortunately, the databases for the other games, and their associated graphic pieces, are not freely distributable. You can download free databases (KBluck's DBs come to mind) but they are useless without the associated graphic pieces (which ship with ATF).

Sorry :(

SoopSandwich

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pat,
Thank You for the answer. Do you have any plans on selling a bundle pack, to include all previous titles or something similiar?

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pat,
Thank You for the answer. Do you have any plans on selling a bundle pack, to include all previous titles or something similiar?
No, there are no plans.

I doubt that Shrapnel would publish such a product. They have made a significant investment in publishing 4 separate titles. These products would be instantly obsolete if a "Gold" version of the ATF Engine emerged.

What IS in the near future is downloadable version of BCT Commander, ATF, Raging Tiger (and perhaps more). You purchase the game and can download it immediately. The physical product (wtih printed manual) will be shipped to you later.

Stay tuned to Shrapnelgames.com for more.

SoopSandwich

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have now got all of the ATF games (ATF, Raging Tiger, Falklands, TSATC, and AATF). Is there a way to combine all of these databases into one, so when you build your own scenario you have everything at your disposal. I have been tinckering with the scenario builder but many times when I try and ADD a PACKAGE the game tells me that it is in a different database "do I want to continue". but if you change databases it seems to mess up the other units you have already added to the scenario. Am I doing something wrong? If I had just one large database with everything in it that would makes things a little easier....

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi again Soop,

You probably would only be looking at combining ATF and AATF databases as the icons for TFW, RT, and TSATC are much different and would not match to one another. Perhaps someone with more database knowledge will provide some information.

I would be very interested in a database that combines AATF with ATF.

Regards John

JamesBailey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am I doing something wrong? If I had just one large database with everything in it that would makes things a little easier....

Thanks for any suggestions or help.
No, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I don't think it is possible to merge dbases. 95% sure of this.

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi All,

It should be possible to add components of the ATF database , unit by unit to the AATF database. For example if you can add a newly created unit to a database then you should be able to use an existing unit in place of a created one.

For example a m1a2 from ATF to AATF. You would have to save the database with a different name at completion.

That being said I have spent a good deal of time tonight trying to do just that with the help of the online toolkit tutorials. But it does not seem to work as per the instructions.

I can get the chasis to work but I have no idea how to accomodate the turret ( 2 seperate bitmaps ).The tutorial is not explicit on how multi-part units are handled and created in the database.

My experience so far with the scenario editor and toolkit explains why there has not been more third party scenarios. This game has wonderful potential for great scenario creation if only the basics were a bit easier to use. I don't even want to consider making maps....yipes.

I like the game so much that I will just work with what is available. It sure would be nice to have a more streamlined approach though, to scenario and map construction.

Regards John

JamesBailey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't even want to consider making maps....yipes.
Zulu1812-
I have done a tutorial on map-making. its still in draft form, but I will send you a copy if you want it. I have used the tutorial process start-to-finish to make maps with SRTM data and military topos and it works.

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi z1812

It should be possible to add components of the ATF database , unit by unit to the AATF database. For example if you can add a newly created unit to a database then you should be able to use an existing unit in place of a created one.

For example a m1a2 from ATF to AATF. You would have to save the database with a different name at completion.

That being said I have spent a good deal of time tonight trying to do just that with the help of the online toolkit tutorials. But it does not seem to work as per the instructions..
As Pat said earlier the databases are all stand alone, each with its own assocciated graphics and sounds. If you install all of the ATF series and AATF into one file you can use any "One" database to build a new scenario. The other option is to save a selected database with a new name and then add any new weapons, vehicles, sounds or graphics that you want. The database that ship with the series are protected.

I can get the chasis to work but I have no idea how to accomodate the turret ( 2 seperate bitmaps ).The tutorial is not explicit on how multi-part units are handled and created in the database.
The process to build a vehicle with a turret is quite simple once you know how. Once you have built your vehicle hull all you need to do to add the turret is go to the "Special Attribute" window located in the bottom left corner of the Hull window. Click on "ADD" and select the "Turret" attribute. Once the attribute opens you can add the graphic, weapons and any additional attributes the turret might have.

My experience so far with the scenario editor and toolkit explains why there has not been more third party scenarios. This game has wonderful potential for great scenario creation if only the basics were a bit easier to use. I don't even want to consider making maps....yipes.
Once you have got your head around the database process building scenarios is quite straight forward and can be a lot of fun. Even the maps are not that difficult but they can be very time consuming to produce.

Gary

Last edited: