AAR The hunt for the red Xia H3

CapitanPiluso

Reaction score
Country
ll
Today КапитанPiluso (A.K.A. Capitan Piluso) is commanding a Russian SSN Gepard which
must head towards ref point some 200 nm away and sink a chinese SSBN Xia Type.
Certainly this should be an easy task, but waters here are not deeper than 50 mts and
we all know that shallow waters are not good sub friends,so caution and planning
will be a must to meet VC´s.

Starting at 20 knots some skunks appear but don´t worry, they are tankers and fishing
vessels... soon some Haiquing PRC Fast attak crafts and Haizhu PRC appear
near my sub,they are not good company and I set my speed to 5 knots to reduce
noise as much as possible.
Then a goblin is detected NE into my weapons range, so I fire a pair of torps
and that damned thing is quickly burnt.I am still 50 nm away from ref point, and
5 minutes later AlphaXray announces a "new torpedo contact" message,now flank speed
(thats 35 knots !!!) will lose these guys, but I come over my steps at creep speed
and luck is now by my side; a new goblin is into weapons range : fire fire fire :freak:
and is toasted down.
Ten nm after I meet ref point and the nice Congratulations! window pops up, VC´s
are here again, I sunk the Xia and a Han type too.

A nice sub scen to play in awful depth conditions, but CapitanPiluso has earned
another valuable medal fighting the Harpoon waters.:smoke:

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A well earned medal, indeed. CaptPiluso must be an international Soldier of Fortune the way he moves so effortlessly between naval commands. :)

Thanks very much for sharing such a nice AAR. It is good to see that the AI actually fires back at you in H3 as opposed to ANW.