AAR - The Brickworks - MM47

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
Played this at ASLOK against Bill Owen. He had a flight to catch, so he wanted to play something quick.

Elite Soviet troops have to hold a couple factory buildings. They have one Fortified Location. No MGs, but they do have a 45 MM AT and a bunch of ATRs.

atr00bca854bd23f9b9a0e90f3129d36725.jpg

Germans get 13 squads with two StuG IIIGs as support.

wvqvsc7y7m211.jpg

The victory buildings (factories) are along the back board edge. I did not set up any squads forward to slow down the advance, because it seemed like they would get cut off and die. I conceded the victory building on my left, though I did put some dummies in it. I fortified a wooden building on my left flank, because I liked the LOS from it.

The StuGs came in on my right. My turn 1, I made a DI attempt with an ATR. SNAKES!!! Both tracks blown off!!!

The crew failed their MC, and bailed out. I had another ATR over on that side of the world, so I took a shot at the crew. SNAKES!!! Large holes in all crew members!!!

ASL is such an easy game!

Turn 2, my left is holding up, and I break some Germans. The remaining StuG smokes one of my squads, and eventually I lose the position in CC. My AT gun breaks, then the crew gets overwhelmed. Other squads get broken, so at one point, I have only 1 GO squad and 1 victory building left. But a really good rally phase brings back some troops, and we prepare for the last German turn. I have the hero by himself in the fortified building, a HS with an ATR next to him, and the 9-2 with some dudes in the victory building.

th7UW8X48Wsm.jpg

The StuG chugs forward to VBF the 9-2 stack. But I have a side shot with an ATR at one hex range. HIT! KILL!

I believe that this was not your standard ATR.

atr84d1335e296ed6baa9d1aacdb848bba0.jpg

Much charging forward by the Germans, a lot of it in open ground. The hero gets a couple kills. The HS FPFs and gets a kill. As in, dead. The 9-2 stack shoots the hell out of more Germans. Awesome dice. Soviet win!!!

Had Bill been able to get into the last factory, it still would have been tough. CC vs. a 9-2 is not easy.

We had a lot of fun with this, and it did play fast.

Recommended.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Snake-eyes on a DI attempt is a turret hit, so no effect.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Snake-eyes on a DI attempt is a turret hit, so no effect.
Not so. A *critical hit* (i.e. snakeeyes) on a hull-down vehicle is a turret hit [C3.9]. To attempt DI the vehicle can't be HD [C5.71]. A snakeeyes on a DI might be a critical hit [C5.72: it's not too clear whether it is or not but it doesn't matter], but it's still a hull hit.

JR

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Germans get 13 squads with two StuG IIIGs as support.

I think your opponent may have tried to sleaze you. The scenario is dated October, 1942 yet the SMC in front of the StuG clearly has a PF.

Or possibly a marching band drum major's mace. Is there a military parade in this scenario by SSR?

JR

Last edited: