AAR - The Bend - AP173

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
I have come up with a new parenting technique to deal with the kids fighting. I just hand each of them a taser, and let them sort it out.

I have used this same technique with squabbling kids I don't even know at WalMart.

What can I say? I'm a results-oriented person...

Gunny and I played The Bend,

which uses the Hatten map. I had the defending Americans.

Odd game. My Americans had some squads and the 9-1 (Lt. Swann) break early. I tried to run Sgt. Maresca over to rally two broken squads that were no longer DMed, but he got nailed by a NMC on a meager 2+1 and broke. Which might tell you all you need to know about Sgt. Maresca. He routed back to Lt. Swann, who, possibly peeved that he had to command grunts instead of manly Marines, shot him. Luckily, not fatally. Just hurting him enough to teach him a lesson. Then he screamed at him to rub some dirt in the wound and get back out there.

Lt. Swann shot and eliminated not one, not two, but THREE American half squads in Rally phases during the game. Plus wounding Vinny. I think that he was just in a mood that day.

Elsewhere, the American 60 mm mortar broke early. Luckily, I repaired it. And broke it again. And repaired it. And broke it YET AGAIN.

It turns out that Private Eiyes had the manual upside down, and was putting the rounds in backwards...

Anyway, despite German progress, I was still holding buildings, and had bumped off a bunch of Germans on my right. When the reinforcements came in, they were able to run straight up the middle to reinforce key positions. Gunny just didn't have the time or troops to take what he needed.

Both of us thought that this was pro-American.

Lt. Swann was awarded the Cross Of Iron for his actions.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I have come up with a new parenting technique to deal with the kids fighting. I just hand each of them a taser, and let them sort it out.

I have used this same technique with squabbling kids I don't even know at WalMart.

What can I say? I'm a results-oriented person...

Gunny and I played The Bend,

View attachment 17813

which uses the Hatten map. I had the defending Americans.

Odd game. My Americans had some squads and the 9-1 (Lt. Swann) break early. I tried to run Sgt. Maresca over to rally two broken squads that were no longer DMed, but he got nailed by a NMC on a meager 2+1 and broke. Which might tell you all you need to know about Sgt. Maresca. He routed back to Lt. Swann, who, possibly peeved that he had to command grunts instead of manly Marines, shot him. Luckily, not fatally. Just hurting him enough to teach him a lesson. Then he screamed at him to rub some dirt in the wound and get back out there.

Lt. Swann shot and eliminated not one, not two, but THREE American half squads in Rally phases during the game. Plus wounding Vinny. I think that he was just in a mood that day.

Elsewhere, the American 60 mm mortar broke early. Luckily, I repaired it. And broke it again. And repaired it. And broke it YET AGAIN.

It turns out that Private Eiyes had the manual upside down, and was putting the rounds in backwards...

Anyway, despite German progress, I was still holding buildings, and had bumped off a bunch of Germans on my right. When the reinforcements came in, they were able to run straight up the middle to reinforce key positions. Gunny just didn't have the time or troops to take what he needed.

Both of us thought that this was pro-American.

Lt. Swann was awarded the Cross Of Iron for his actions.

View attachment 17815
😋😋😋😋😋 Haven't had a Bloody Mary in decades but that looks quite tasty.