AAR Team Sposito

MrMox

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Good AAR!

As you note the time limit is severe for red. You can increase the time available in the Options menu, and also add some more forces to red, if you want to make it more challenging :devious:

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you think it's too easy, replace the Apaches with Cobras, the Bradleys with M113s and the Javelins with Dragons.

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
slow down guys, I'm still learning and I don't feel overqualified at all :laugh:

I will return to this scenario for sure and try to use my helos more wisely (ie staying out of range of AA defenses etc)

Cheers
Arno

BenPower

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi guys,

I was wondering, for this scenario, why were the Apaches included? This seams to really balance the scenario in blue's favor as red has a very tight time-limit and blue has total air superiority. (OK red has a couple of anti-air infantry.)

Is this just a scenario that needs a bit of balancing (including the ideas of the previous post, making the apaches enter the map later etc...) or is there a historical connotation to the scenatio or some real tactical reson (apart from copters = good) ?

Has anyone ever won as red with the default OOBs?

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
> why were the Apaches included?

The first iteration of this scenario was Team Slocomb, a USMC scenario, which used Cobras. When I made an Army version, the Cobras were changed to Apaches.

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi Ben,

it's been quite a while since I played that one, but you are right, the Apaches are quite strong. In consequence, I think the scenario is quite easy to "win" in a computer game sense. When discussing a similar issue concerning a scenario in Raging Tiger (ATF, AATF), the guys made me aware that losing half your planes in a single engagement is not considered a succes in real life, though. In fact, according to some of their AARs, one should make sure that your air assets are safe before sending in CAS or helos.
Therefore, I think the scenario gets much more interesting if one tries to protect air assets like in the real world. (If I remember correctly, two of my Apaches got shot down...)

I must admit, though, that I am only a civilian and don't know much about any of this... these are just my two cents ;-)

Take care,
Arno