AAR Sending a message ANW

CapitanPiluso

Reaction score
Country
ll
Playing US side.

The United States has established a Trident re-supply base in the Indian Ocean.
The Soviets claim that such a base is meant to de-stabilize the region and prevent
the self-determination of African nations and others within the area due to
intimidation.
Both nations have deployed extensive fleets to the Indian Ocean in a "Show of Force".

My task is prevent the on going construction of Diego Garcia base, I command
3 CGN´s and 3 CG´s in a single TF and must destroy 2 enemy aircraft and protect my ships from damage to meet VC´s.

I order my TF full speed to Diego Garcia island, it is some 500nm west away
but it is probable to meet russian ships on the way.

Some hours later bogies come from NW, they are unknowns but they hold a 3 plane formation
and two more singles, so may be some action is beginning.

I decide to launch a pair of Seasprites at high speed
to search the outer screen with radar active and act as decoys.this will keep the TF
secure in case this bogies are not from the good side.

One Seasprite detects a Freestyle A RUS plane as neutral ( ??? ) but 6 mins later
it´s hostile and firing KH41 moskit...oh my God it is not a single helo,
but may be 3 or perhaps 4 attacking.

I fire Terrier missiles and SM1MR Block IV, they have success and kill 3 of these
russian guys.
Soon VC´s are met and I am happy again, more bandits are thrown to Hell´s deep and
CapitanPiluso writes down another glorious,bright and wonderful victory.:smoke:

What I learnt from this scen:
Sometimes AI detects planes as neutral and some minutes later changes his mind...they are hostile ...and I think this may be a re creation of real world conditions,so it is always good to stay alert and use previous intel to decide for an attack.

A short and fun scen to play, thanks Herman for sharing it.:laugh:

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank you for the AAR. I am glad you enjoyed it. I am disappointed that the AI decided to break up the group a bit. A single wave of planes and missiles would probably have given you a bigger challenge. I think you played smartly by trying to use your helos as detection platforms. Maybe, in the future, we will play this scenario in MP and see if there is any difference. ;)