AAR - Riposte - U12

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
I was furloughed from work, partly due to all international flights being canceled, and partly because they feared that I would spread contagion among my coworkers. Not corona virus – leprosy. And syphilis.

All of the state liquor stores are closed, but the medical marijuana dispensary remains open. But they changed it, so now you can only get curbside pickup, from a couple guys standing on the corner. Which, come to think of it, is EXACTLY how everyone used to get pot before it was legal...

The home schooling isn’t working out that well in our house. Two of the students have been suspended, and one of the teachers was fired for drinking on the job. I have to face facts – the children may be turning into savages.

A while back, I played Riposte with Gunny Thompson. I had been wanting to play this as the Americans.

Two squads in the 4P6 building are attacked by a buncha squads and two PzKw IVs. Buncha Americans rush to their rescue, with an AT gun and mortar OBA.

I deployed a squad in the building, and gave one HS the MMG, so as to try to spread the FP around. Despite my best efforts, they all broke easily. I did get some of them to successfully rout away.

One tank wandered into the LOS of the AT gun, and was promptly dispatched.

The bulk of my reinforcements were running down the road and through the woods near the river. A couple squads were sneaking through brush on my right flank.

There was a lot of give and take on the southern flank. Although a couple German squads had made it into the victory building, others were broken or pinned by flanking fire.

The other tank moved up in the sights of the AT gun. Now, Jim always sez that I am really lucky, and always seem to get just what I need at critical times.

I rolled snakes and destroyed the tank. Maybe Jim DOES have a point...

YARD SALE

Jim conceded before the end. His infantry was getting shot up, I outnumbered him, and he no longer had tank support. I had not yet gotten in any OBA.

I thought that the tanks should have been firing Smoke. They are a big part of the German attack – they need to be kept away from bazookas and the AT gun.

A – 25, G – 37 on ROAR. Worth playing.

Next post – Enjoying your time in self-quarantine – the finest in Women’s Prison movies.