AAR - Red Devils - 215

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There may be a problem with re-manning the M3(MMG). Per SSR 3 "American units [EXC: Perimeter Force] may not perform any voluntary action." So a member of the perimeter force could re-man an AFV, but would a AFV that is a member of the Headquarters Battery be performing a voluntary action by being re-manned? I don't think so but I throw it out there as part of the sleaze disclosure.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The fun never stops: the leader (or a spare HS) becomes temporary crew of the M3(MMG) on turn 1 american. On turn two chinese the temporary crew uses the MA normally. On turn two american the temporary crew abandons the M3(MMG), taking all three MGs out (dm of course). The MGs are distributed to a grateful populace, including Headquarters units that can finally do something.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I don't think that's legal. From memory Chapter H says that the crew can only remove the MA, while passengers can remove the other MGs.
US Vehicle Note 30 (Yanks) "In addition to removal as per D6.631, the AFV's Passenger(s) may remove its secondary AAMG." So the (temporary) crew may remove all the MGs, and the Passengers may take just some. Although it is not the case, even if the temporary crew could just remove the MA, the MA is a .50 cal and is worth taking alone. As it happens the crew may remove all the MGs.

If all the MGs come out of the halftracks in addition to the ones with which they start, the Americans should end up with a total of five .50 caliber heavy, six .30 caliber medium and one light MGs.

JR

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The fun never stops: the leader (or a spare HS) becomes temporary crew of the M3(MMG) on turn 1 american. On turn two chinese the temporary crew uses the MA normally. On turn two american the temporary crew abandons the M3(MMG), taking all three MGs out (dm of course). The MGs are distributed to a grateful populace, including Headquarters units that can finally do something.
IIRC, if you just get in with a lone SMC, he can't Remove any weapons as he leaves though.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
IIRC, if you just get in with a lone SMC, he can't Remove any weapons as he leaves though.
I've been looking for a rule that says that, not because I remember it but because it sounded too good to be true. Ah, there it is in D5.41. So the temporary crew in such a maneuver would have to be a halfsquad, but it's still possible.

JR