AAR - Pynda Avenged - WO29

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
Played this at WO with Jim Fardette. I had the Italians, he had the fierce Greek warriors.

greek3211449339_40bb4dcb3b.jpg
Italians need to defend a village from rampaging Greeks intent on capturing the black olive supply. They get a flanking force to help them.

Well, to keep a short story short, he went through me like spanakopita thru a goat. I don't have a picture of that to post. You're welcome. Here is a visual to give a better idea of how the game went:

bambamgiphy.gif

It was so sad, someone should write a country-western song about it.

Highlight for me was killing a squad in CC with a 346 and 7-0. I conceded right after that. It was the end of turn 3. Jim could get all the buildings and olives he needed the next turn without me being able to stop him. He immediately broke out the ouzo and did a traditional Macedonian dance.

If you play this, I recommend that you give the Italians a big bottle of Chianti as the balance. It won't improve their chances of victory, but they could get roaring drunk and not care so much about losing.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mmmm, olives. At least until the Germans come and requisition them all to lubricate their tank treads.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
This was the only game I had at W.O. where I was blown away, of course, as the Italians. Had no luck stopping the Greeks once they got into the stone buildings. I think they need to be stopped with an upfront defense as they will be moving in the open or minimal cover.