AAR Preferences

Sir Richard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Below, I have written 5 out of 6 AARs I intend to write for the Polish Campaign (the 6 scenarios built around the fall of Poland in Sept, 1939).

After I get done with this series, I was thinking about a series using the Winter War scenarios -- The Long Walk Home, White Death, Frozen Hell, and Cracking the Line.

In doing so, I am curious about comments on the Polish Campaign stories. If I were to produce AARs that were more interesting to the participants here, I would like to know the recommended changes to be made to my style of presenation.

I thank you for your consideration.

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Sir Richard said:
Below, I have written 5 out of 6 AARs I intend to write for the Polish Campaign (the 6 scenarios built around the fall of Poland in Sept, 1939).

After I get done with this series, I was thinking about a series using the Winter War scenarios -- The Long Walk Home, White Death, Frozen Hell, and Cracking the Line.

In doing so, I am curious about comments on the Polish Campaign stories. If I were to produce AARs that were more interesting to the participants here, I would like to know the recommended changes to be made to my style of presenation.

I thank you for your consideration.
Personally I really enjoy you AAR:cheeky: As for changes Im drawing a blank....er... maybe one suggestion is on you maps to label the location that you main character is presently located. I know you did this on one map but would like to know we he is during the course of the whole battle because sometimes I get confused, you tell what orginaztional level he is with but I can't always seem to find where exactly that would be. Other than theres really nothing. Once again I really enjoy your writing style:D

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I too have no need to critique work excellent writings. When I read it, it just reminds me how untalented I am when it comes to putting my thoughts on paper. Well done, and keep it up.

Cheers,
Ray

Sir Richard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the compliments.

Ultimately, however, if I am going to spend a few hours writing these things, I would like to be able to draw a little more readership. So, like anybody who may be concerned with ratings, I would like to have an idea of the type of thing that would be worth peoples' time.

Among the issues I am curious about is whether "turn by turn" is better than a "steam of action" story, whether the maps are of any interest, the degree to which I could focus on character (which I did more of in the first story), or the battle.

SoccerDJ: I had wondered whether putting the main character's route would be a benefit to the story. So, thanks for confirming that for me.

Sir Richard

Sir Richard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really, I am interested in the answers to these questions.

For the Finish campaigns, I have actually solicited a couple of real humans to play the opposing side. I am a few turns into a couple of scenarios now, and about ready to start writing.

So, what should I write?

Sir Richard