AAR: Nigeria

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new pair of videos for "Nigeria [MP]" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch both sides of Nigeria [MP]:

Watch them side by side to see how the battle unfolds for both players and their thought processes.

[video=youtube;c3igNq22iWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3igNq22iWw[/video][video=youtube;esLOFNsv1R8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esLOFNsv1R8[/video]

CapitanPiluso

Reaction score
Country
ll
Matra Magic, what a real antiquity..but you was able to allocate it even in ANW, thats good.
And by you mentioning it, it would be nice to know how many missiles can iluminators handle in order to plan a better attack.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There's a whole lot of information that is not accessible from the game and can only be read from the database editor at this time. Things like radar frequencies, guidance, illuminators are only some of the data that would be helpful to players during a game. There are so many that it is pretty much pointless for a database manager to implement and would be better accommodated as a new feature (if they ever manage to work out the 200+ pre-existing bugs in HUE).

CapitanPiluso

Reaction score
Country
ll
I just finished viewing the second video, and is really a very good idea to post both sides , this gives a whole outlook of how the game was played.
In a MP game it is very important to detect the enemy quickly, otherwise you can get fried quickly too.
Thanks for the AARs.

igor7111

Reaction score
Where's the Nigerian commentary? I can only find the French
comments by Herman.......twice. Am I missing something
obvious I hope?

SPOILER KINDA:
]
]
]
]
]
The French one was great Herman, I can't believe you stopped
his missile attack on your ships with your last bullet, so to speak.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ole's AAR is the second one. You can check it out:

[video=youtube;esLOFNsv1R8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esLOFNsv1R8[/video][/QUOTE]

The pucker factor evoked by this scenario was great. I am glad that I was able to convey it through to the viewer. I broke out in a cold sweat when I saw his wall of missiles approaching. I am so glad that I took out a few of his missile boats just before his attack. Can you imagine if he had even one additional missile boat add its weapons to the swarm of 8 Otomat SSMs? ;)

This scenario was mostly about timing. I managed to do a few things JUST before Ole wanted to do something else. I suspect that this could be the same in the real world - being just a few minutes too late to do something.