AAR KILLING FIELD Desert Rats 6

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played LARRY ZOET in said same scenario...

REALLY enjoyable game. Must give credit to Larry--he's fun to sit across the table from...

THE scenario has 16 Brit tanks set up in the middle of 3 boards.
Their goal--exit 2 tanks off ANY edge (VCs read differently--crews count dismounted off their tanks, tanks with disabled MAs count also.....you get the idea)

I won the game as the British...but it didn't feel like it.
I exited a VALENTINE II and CRUSADER II plus the crew from a GRANT that had been IMMOBed (and they failed their subsequent MC to stay in the tank)
I left on the board ONE Valentine (that was IMMOBed)...
This tank killing crew got a PzIII J, a PzIII H, and a PzIVe on their gun barrel for kills....
ALL other brit tanks were
-burning
OR
-otherwise knocked out
OR
-Abandoned/Immobed.....

A very pyhrric victory if ever I had one....

THE GERMANS
had a mobile PzIVF1
the 88L AA
some IMMOBed PzIIIs....

All other german tanks were TOASTED.....

Larrys major mistake in the game (by his own admission) was entering the PzJags aka MARDERS too close to my forces.
Ideally, they should enter on board edges/corners and hope that the 40L shots that come their way will suffer the deterimental effects of long range fire.......

Larrys luck was also lacking...
the 50L in his OB BROKE on its first shot, and never came back
PLUS
the 88L just couldn't get ROF.....some ROF would have been nice and would have tipped the game (maybe....)

And if I can tell you the entertainment factor of what LIGHT DUST can do to a game...both Larry and I missed innumerable shots b/c of that blasted third die....

IMHO, this one is worth playing...

I wish my fellow ASL players well..

Here's to winning the lottery so I could meet all (or at least most) of you....

Until then, I sign off lucklessly....

Mark De Vries