AAR - Killer Kloskowski - DB117

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
"Invade Russia!", he sez. "It will be fun!", he sez. "You'll be home by Christmas!", he sez. Some people just don't learn from the past.

Killer Kloskowski is a February 1943 scenario. I took time out from my training as a cage match fighter to play this against Walt Harrar. He had the Soviets.

The initial forces are small. Soviets have 2 T-34s, 2 45L ATs, 2 426s, and a 237 with a MMG. One AT gun sets up on board. His was in the building pointing right down the road at the bridge, which is a good choice for a non-HIP gun because it's so obvious. Germans have a PzKw III with a 9-2 AL, and a Tiger enters on turn 1. Both sides get reinforcements on turns 2+3. Germans get 658s in HTs, Soviets get 527s and 447s in trucks. Because Life isn't fair. They do get two more T-34s on turn 4.

Germans have to control 3 stone buildings in the village, and keep the Soviets from controlling the bridge outside of town.

I went balls-out with the PzKw III on the first turn. Straight at the AT gun!!! First shot - HIT WITH APCR!!! (Last round.) BOUNCE! Second shot - HIT WITH AP!!! BOUNCE! Third shot - HIT WITH AP!!! BOUNCE! Fourth shot - HIT WITH AP!!! BOUNCE! Fifth shot - Intensive Fire - HIT WITH AP!!! BOUNCE!

Whew. Made it past him. Conscript tries Street Fighting, fails TC with a 12.

Next, coming at T-34 outside his CA. Shoot, miss. Intensive Fire, shoot, miss.

I stop adjacent. Last conscript tries Street Fighting, passes his TC and knocks out the tank.

For those doing the math, there was a 3% chance of him killing me.

Tiger rolls on and parks with a LOS to one T-34. I immobilize the T-34.

R2, Immobilized T-34 APCR attempt fails, DI attempt fails. The other T-34 sneaks up behind the Tiger. I let him do his thang, and he bounces a shot, then goes into Motion. I finish off the immobilized T-34.

G2, the Tiger moves to block part of the back road of the village so his trucks can't drive up it. I bring the FT and all three leaders in on my 3 HTs. Two of these unload next to his Motion T-34, the other moves next to his AT gun. The crew of the AT gun gets broken by a sniper. My FT toasts the T-34. BURN, BABY, BURN!!! Things are looking up!!!

R2, he can still bring on his three trucks without being fired on. His infantry unload as soon as they enter and skulk into the woods.

G3, the remaining HTs move onboard and remain on the road in Motion. My Evil SS move adjacent to his two conscripts, then jump them for CC. Being kinder, gentler SS, we take both conscript squads prisoner.

"Joey, you like movies about gladiators???"

R3, remaining Soviet trucks enter and unload. His crew takes back the AT gun, which now has a LOS to my Motion HTs.

G4, my SS move up to block his reinforcements, and get bounced back when I find the other AT gun in an orchard hex. He shoots and gets a CH, which makes a really, really big hole in my 9-1. Apparently, getting shot by a 45 mm is much, much worse than getting shot by a 45 caliber. The squad with him breaks.

I lose one loaded HT to the other AT gun, plus an unloaded HT. A sniper recalls another unloaded HT. I lose the FT shooting at his AT gun. These AT guns are pains in my ***.

I break his MMG HS and take him prisoner. His 9-1 picks up the MMG, but accidently spikes it when he tries to fire it. Apparently, I captured the only two guys who had read the manual.

Two SS squads try to cross the street to jump one AT gun. Instead of firing the gun, his crew pulls out their pistols, one wrench, and several large rocks. They pin one squad, and break the other. Vaunted SS. Heavy sigh.

Two more T-34s come on.

I expected them to both head for the bridge. One does, but the other sez, "Gee, I'll bet chicks would really dig me if I could tell them that I killed a Tiger!!!" He drives behind my Tiger. I win the gun duel, shoot, miss. He shoots, bounces, but keeps rate. I don't wanna intensive fire, hoping he will hit my turret again.

Which he does.

With snake eyes.

TK is "only" a 13. He kills me, but the crew survives. And Grigor finally gets that date with Natasha.

G5, I try to move behind his T-34 to place a DC, but the squad gets pinned on a 2 even. Vaunted SS...

My broken squad rallies with the 8-1's help, and they move adjacent to his one gun crew. I jump them for CC! 3:1 minus 1!!! THEY MISS!!!!!!!

Vaunted SS...

R5, now that the squad on my left is tied up in Melee, the Skulking Forest Guys can freely move to take back one building and reinforce the Melee. Which continues...

G6, I throw in the towel. I have no way to take out his T-34 on the bridge and regain control. I only have one victory building - I had the needed three, but lost two, and even though I could probably take two back, the T-34 wins it for Walt.

Very fun game. It's 11-2 pro-Russian on ROAR, but I don't feel it's that unbalanced. If Walt hadn't got the CH on the Tiger, I think I stood a good chance of winning.

Side note - the hazard of taking prisoners is that they can try to escape and stab you in the neck if you break or are in Melee. One Soviet prisoner squad had four opportunities to try to strangulate their guards. Every time, they rolled a 10 or an 11. "No, we're okay, really. We understand that you are looking for people to fill bunkers with an ocean view in Normandy..."

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow!

A color photo of some of the most notorious perpetrators of the Final Solution posing with a soon-to-be-executed child. What part of this is supposed to be funny?
I enjoy 'edgy' humor as much as the next guy, however this is WAY beyond poor taste.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought it was one of the most unbalanced barkers I've ever played. If the T-34s move to their left flank and put the bridge under fire (as well as the approaches), it's VERY tough on the Germans. Sure the Kitty Kat may get across, but the guns will eventually immobilize or destroy it. With little or no German infantry on the Russian side it's almost impossible for the Germans to win barring an incompetent Russian defense.