AAR - A51 - Clash Along The Psel

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
YOU NEED A TANK? WE'VE GOT TANKS!!! COME ON DOWN TO CRAZY IVAN'S FOR THE FINEST SELECTION OF NEW AND USED TANKS YOUR RUBLES WILL BUY!!! YOU WON'T FIND A BIGGER BARGAIN IN THE ENTIRE KURSK AREA!!! WE EXECUTE THE MIDDLEMAN AND PASS THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU!!! CHECK OUT OUR NEW '43s, FRESH FROM THE FACTORY!!! T-34s??? WE'VE GOT 'EM!!! HOW ABOUT A SU-122, A DEPENDABLE FAMILY VEHICLE?!!! IMAGINE CRUISING AROUND ROSTOV IN AN OPEN TOPPED SU-76M!!! AND FOR FUEL ECONOMY, YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT THE T-70, NOW WITH ADDITIONAL CUPHOLDERS STANDARD!!! COME GET 'EM NOW BEFORE THE 5TH GUARDS DO!!! CRAZY IVAN'S!!! HIS PRICES ARE INSANE!!!

CRAZY IVAN. LIKE HAVING A COMRADE IN THE BUSINESS.

*Sorry, no choice of color. Your mileage may vary. 30 day warranty is null and void if hit by a 50 mm or larger shell, panzerfaust, mine, Stuka, or satchel charge. Pricing does not include dealer prep, tax, registration fees, or cost of additional crew members. APCR shells extra. Ask about our Roadside Assistance package.

Played Clash Along The Psel against Walt Harrar, with myself as the Heroic Soviet Juggernaut. Kursk area, steppe terrain, all tanks, millions of tanks, all with special ammo. Germans come on in 4 groups over 3 turns. Russians come on in 4 groups over 4 turns. All units have expended 6 MPs prior to entry. Germans get CVPs and points for being past row Q. Russians get CVPs. Instant win when the Russians get 54 points, or the Germans get 116 points. Crews do not count for points. Light Dust kicks in on turn 4, Moderate Dust on turn 6.

First turn, entry is made by both sides with a divider in between. Walt had this plywood box setup that not only blocked LOS in between, but had a top to prevent any glimpse. He also made me wear a blindfold, though I was allowed to take it off after turn 3.

Walt brought in the Stugs first, and parked them in overwatch positions. I brought in the T-34 M43s first, and moved to get half of them HD in wadis. Don't have the points to do it on turn 1, so T-34s stay in motion.

Turn 2, Walt brings in and parks the Tigers and Pzkw IIINs. I bring the T-70s up the middle, to dash like little rabbits and get behind him. I lose a T-34 on each flank, but get 5 T-34s hull down in wadis.

Turn 3, Walt brings in and parks all the remaining tanks. My T-34 M41s enter and charge up the middle. Walt continues to shoot the crap out of me, but does break several guns. I manage to get several hits on the Stugs, but all bounce. This leads me to comment on the marital status of the parents of whoever invented the Russian 76L. At this point, I am down about 45 points to 0.

Turn 4, Walt moves most of his tanks forward. More guns break, and two of his tanks disable their MAs and go home. My T-70s see a wall of tanks in front of them, make a left turn, Clyde, and try to get behind several of his tanks. A couple T-34s join in the fun. I find out it's hard for a BFF Soviet to hit even adjacent targets with Dust. I lose several, but take out a Stug, a IIIL, and Shock another IIIL. On my left, Walt blows smoke dischargers and tries to move away from my line of T-34s. A Pzkw IIIL and a Pzkw IV don't make it. At least I'm on the board!

Turn 5, more disabled gun recalls for Walt. On my right, he moves up 5 tanks into a little huddle to attempt to massacre an adjacent T-34 in motion. In my turn, the T-34 gets away, despite 7 shots at him. I believe the driver had a Saint Christopher medal hanging from the dash. I kill 2 Pzkw IIILs and a Tiger, and Shock a IIIN. Turn 5 ends with me in control of the left side of the board, except for 3 Mk. IIIs, one of which is Shocked. I do have some SP guns in the middle. Walt calls for a CVP count. He is up to 72 points, I am up to 37. His tanks on the left are probably doomed. Even if he got everyone else across row Q, it would only be an additional 32 points, for 104. He would have to kill 3 more of my tanks, without losing any from his middle board wolf pack. I still need to kill 5 more Pzkw IIIs/ IVs. Walt sez he is just going to run for the wadi and call it a draw. Slightly unsatisfying outcome, like having sex with your sister. Or so I imagine.

FYI, even though draws are possible in the VC, there is no draw option to record this on ROAR.

Walt broke 5 MA during the game, all on normal shots, not while using IF. He repaired 1 and recalled 4, including a Tiger. To balance this out, he got 5 CHs. If so many of his tanks were not recalled, either he could have gotten more points across Q, or I would have gotten more kills. Or both.

I broke 4 MAs (one using IF), and repaired 2. I had no CHs, but made good use of APCR to bag several of his tanks.

Fun, wild game. Two pics of the board at the end of the game are attached.

Attachments

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Now you have to play "Panzer Army Popov" & "Flying Turrets" to complete the set.

JR

Reactions: Roy

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings.

From the first photo, it appears that one of the wadis (at least) is set up incorrectly. On the north side, the two wadis should connect as one continuous wadi. (I don't have the set up handy in front of me or I'd give you the overlay IDs, etc.)