AAR '44 Ge/Sov Fight for Me262 aerodrome...

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Welcome.
AEF027 and Danstudentvcc have renewed hostilities after pausing for a short memorial service in a previous battle thread.
The new sit-op is an Me 262 Swallow aerodrome. With Chlanda hardened flak towers and open fields the Sov player [Danstudentvcc] will be hard-pressed to wrestle the Ge Flag control from AEF027. The battle is set in Sept '44 with only 4 000 points apiece.
Set to an advance setting this promises to be a classice set piece battle. There is however some cover along the map edges from which the Ge and Sov player may launch spoiling or diversionary attacks.
The Soviet Army rag has already printed a headline story on the need to destroy these vengeance and ultimate secret weapons created in Hitlers demonic laboratories. Once again our Communist Brethren are called upon to lead the world's battle against evil.

Danstudentvcc

:D

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Turn 01 Soviet...

The Germans have setup near our lines. It appears they have gone for a mobile defense. Already Stg's and HT's are seen across open sights.
Pictures tommorrow.
The tops of the flak towers are as well clearly visible; yet I am supposedly in cover and not observed.

Danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 1

Our forces sit in the rain and await the enemy. It is unknown as to what size their force is or what they are bringing to the battle. We feel that we have a solid defense plan in place and eagerly await our foe...

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Peek a boo

aef027 said:
Our forces sit in the rain and await the enemy. It is unknown as to what size their force is or what they are bringing to the battle. We feel that we have a solid defense plan in place and eagerly await our foe...
we are sizing up the Ge forces.

Happy Easter.

Pics attached.

danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 2

The enemy has taken out a few of our troop carriers, but they hide like cowards in the woods from a superior German Army...

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Cowards but alive!

Skirmisher said:
lol :laugh:
Well the Germans may think us cowards but those flak towers are pretty tall and dominating. As well they are Chlanda reinforced structures so there is no prior experience to go by. The buildings may fall on the first shot or they may cause my forces to behave like ducks in a shooting gallery as they run in and out of cover that does not hide them!!! ycuk ycuk :laugh:
Anyway the Germans have already gone on the offensive and the Soviet position is unchanged.

Danstudentvcc

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wasnt laughing at your tactics,I was laughing at your opponents choice of words :) I understand sometimes its best to hide.

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 3

We are pressing the attack to flush the rabbits from their holes. We caused some casualties from small arms fire and we lost a few men, but the battle is young and we still have plenty of time.

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
aef027 said:
We are pressing the attack to flush the rabbits from their holes. We caused some casualties from small arms fire and we lost a few men, but the battle is young and we still have plenty of time.
Hello.
AEF027's Ge forces are not only mobile they are also quite gungho. They are not content to quietly select targets and to remain hidden. Instead they have launched an attack that will result in close quarters fighting quite soon.
Alas I may be too thin to deal with his assault. It shall remain with later turns to determine how well the Soviets can bounce back.

danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 4

Our men have hit them hard. We have taken out a couple pieces of armor and caught their infantry in the carnage. We will press the attack and run them over. There will be no choice for surrender and we will exterminate them all :smoke:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
On the run ..

aef027 said:
Our men have hit them hard. We have taken out a couple pieces of armor and caught their infantry in the carnage. We will press the attack and run them over. There will be no choice for surrender and we will exterminate them all :smoke:
Unbelieveable.
These Germans will stop at nothing to turn our homeland into their own and to claim it as their own for posterity!
They think nothing of shooting our brave country men in the back.

Today we will show them what it means to be fighting the Motherland.
It is for today that we fight.

All our tankmen are out and fighting. Those NAZI's who came closest to our lines are now dead and missing!

We shall not stop till we have driven them from their East Prussian Me262 Wonder Weapon airfield.

For our Comrade Stalin we have marched in Moscow. Now we fight! :D

danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 5

The Russians broke out and caused some losses for our forward units. We hit them back and took out some of their armor and supporting troops. We will not let up until every one of them is crushed beneath our treads.

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
aef027 said:
The Russians broke out and caused some losses for our forward units. We hit them back and took out some of their armor and supporting troops. We will not let up until every one of them is crushed beneath our treads.
Uh huh and now some more of my Soviet tanks are getting brave and poking their noses out some more.

danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 6

Our Superior 88 Gun has decimated an inferior Russian tank. In other action, our mighty Stug eliminated another brain-washed advancing Russian tank. We are prepared for the Russians to offer surrender terms :smoke:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Surrender no; mopped up yes.

aef027 said:
Our Superior 88 Gun has decimated an inferior Russian tank. In other action, our mighty Stug eliminated another brain-washed advancing Russian tank. We are prepared for the Russians to offer surrender terms :smoke:
Hello. I can sincerely say my troopers will not surrender now that they have finally left the Russian homeland. Those unit may have been all that was left of the Russian tank force. The remainder are sitting immobilized in the mud and the rain. Apparently a T-34 85 is not a good choice for all weather tanking! They might respond to a mop-up however. But I'd be cautious if I was the German player afterall those Soviet SMG's pack a mean first fire!!

danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 7

Not too much action to report. Our men are moving into position to rid the world of the communist swine. Things should heat up again soon along the front.

-Al (manhunter)

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello.

aef027 said:
Not too much action to report. Our men are moving into position to rid the world of the communist swine. Things should heat up again soon along the front.

-Al (manhunter)
Hello
:)
Much can be said about the mud. Much can be said about the appetite of the mud.
Much can be said about watching tanks skating by on the mud.
Much should be said about these tanks sitting blissfully in mud with guns pointing in anything but the right directions.

Lets all give a prayer now in the hope that they will quickly become unstuck as the Ge Panzers close with prey this very turn.:shock:

Ah-aaaah-aaaaa-men.

:halo: danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 8

Attempting to breach the enemies defenses resulted in the loss of a stug, but we were able to inflict casualties on the enemy. It appears that we will need to bomb them out of their defenses.

-Al (manhunter)

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Offence or defence.

aef027 said:
Attempting to breach the enemies defenses resulted in the loss of a stug, but we were able to inflict casualties on the enemy. It appears that we will need to bomb them out of their defenses.

-Al (manhunter)
Hello.

Some times it is hard to tell who is on the offence and who is on the defence.

The Soviets have managed a few more shots at German tanks.

However more than half of the offensive Soviet armour remains mired in the mud.

This could get tough. :D

danstudentvcc