AAR 194 Infanterie-Regiment, 71st Infantrie-Division SASL CG [May 1040 - May 1945]

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Introduction

I am going to attempt to do an AAR for the excellent 194 Infanterie-Regiment, 71st Infantrie-Division SASL CG [May 1040 - May 1945] created by Ahriman667.

I make no guarantees and it may take 'years' for me to complete this thing. But I was so impressed by ChappyNS Canadian AAR and Ahriman667 CG's that I was inspired to to give it a try.

It's been about six years since I played ASL face to face on a competitive and fun level so I am bound to make many mistakes. I have been playing ASL since 1985 and SL, COI, COD, and GI before that, but so far in just setting up this thing I have had to reread several rules and I am also surprised how much I still do retain. Also, there is as always life constraints so please don't get mad if there is no posts for days or weeks at a time. Lots to soak in, remember and enjoy.

Tools
I am using VASL 6.5.0 for this AAR and to keep track of things. I am also using a spreadsheet I picked up someplace to help keep track of stuff. Since all my stuff is in storage I am using all digital tools (rule books, charts, etc. and VASL), this includes using the VASL dr and DR to resolve things. All the maps, leaders etc. that you may see were all generated with the dice bot that comes in VASL. I am also throwing in a lowly 7-0 corporal and will use the ASL Annual '95 Winter: Warriors All! Campaign Game Leaders for ASL by David Payne (hard copy page 16 or page 396 in the PDF bundle) SIDE NOTE: I also have a PDF and not sure where I got it from called ASL-Personal-Leader-Counter-Campaign-v3) and based on the Warriors All! CG I created a small spreadsheet to track things).

All that being said here my Mission # 1 setup:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Mission 1: Clearing the Way. Blagny, France. 14 May 1940

Four days after the start of the Blitzkrieg, the 194th IR of the 71st ID were used to occupy the north bank of the Chiers River in anticipation of a crossing the next day by the 191st IR. Early that morning, while the
191st rested, the 194th marched from its staging area and proceeded to secure the area.

Type of Mission: Recon

Commentary

Looking at my setup you may guess where I am going, but the basic idea (after decades of playing ASL, I used to have a saying that used cuss words but since I am no longer a cussing or drinking man, it's basically 'hockey puck it, lets go'. I forgot to add (or did not see) the compass, well where the Germans are (me) that is the FBE and also the West edge of the map. So to yours and my left is North and towards yours and my right is the South and straight up the gut is East. Easy Peasy, good.

I am no where as creative as ChappyNS so you wont get that kind of AAR. The basic plan is for the left flank platoon run by the 8-0 to try to go straight up and then circle back right to take the village. The 9-2 platoon is going to lay the base fire group to take out the village, supported by one of the AC and a scout section. The center platoon group will be the firebase to take that VP hill top hex supported by the AC, a scout section and a LMG team. The ATR squad is going into the Woods in case any French Armor should show up. The heavy weapons company will be heading up that hill supported by yours truly (the lowly 7-0) and well blasting anything in sight.

That's the plan.

This is another fine mess you gotten me into...

ChappyNS

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llCanada
Mission 1: Clearing the Way. Blagny, France. 14 May 1940

Four days after the start of the Blitzkrieg, the 194th IR of the 71st ID were used to occupy the north bank of the Chiers River in anticipation of a crossing the next day by the 191st IR. Early that morning, while the
191st rested, the 194th marched from its staging area and proceeded to secure the area.

Type of Mission: Recon

Commentary

Looking at my setup you may guess where I am going, but the basic idea (after decades of playing ASL, I used to have a saying that used cuss words but since I am no longer a cussing or drinking man, it's basically 'hockey puck it, lets go'. I forgot to add (or did not see) the compass, well where the Germans are (me) that is the FBE and also the West edge of the map. So to yours and my left is North and towards yours and my right is the South and straight up the gut is East. Easy Peasy, good.

I am no where as creative as ChappyNS so you wont get that kind of AAR. The basic plan is for the left flank platoon run by the 8-0 to try to go straight up and then circle back right to take the village. The 9-2 platoon is going to lay the base fire group to take out the village, supported by one of the AC and a scout section. The center platoon group will be the firebase to take that VP hill top hex supported by the AC, a scout section and a LMG team. The ATR squad is going into the Woods in case any French Armor should show up. The heavy weapons company will be heading up that hill supported by yours truly (the lowly 7-0) and well blasting anything in sight.

That's the plan.

This is another fine mess you gotten me into...

I'm jealous...my infantry are always on foot!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
German Turn 1:

Okay Rally and Prep done (nothing on the WC) an on to movement, but before I do that, here is what the map looks like now.

This is the end of the Movement Phase:

Note that only E6 did not activate, every other activation check resulted in some very bold Frenchmen showing up to fight. The French squad and 1/2 squad in H5 did not have any valid targets to shoot at, they were activated by the 8-1 and squad in H9 (it would have been a 2 up 2, so I thought it not worth the shot).

Advance Fire Phase

Well I fired both my Armored Cars and both generated a SAN! The first (in I9) did nothing, but the one in P8, well it looks like this (sorry I have a iMac with a 4k monitor):

The French Sniper pinned the scout section, but it could have stunned the 221 AC.

But I did manage to break up the little French fire group on that hill top, I killed the 1/2 squad on the hill top with Sgt. Oertzen (8-1) and his squad and LMG.

Here is the end of the German player turn:

Took me longer then expected, I had to look up quite a bit of S rules and also some basic rules I have forgotten, like Armored Assault, Trucks, AC's (AFV's in general) and lots of activation lookups.

Good fun. Let see what the Frenchies do in their turn, tomorrow...

ChappyNS

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llCanada
German Turn 1:

Okay Rally and Prep done (nothing on the WC) an on to movement, but before I do that, here is what the map looks like now.

View attachment 12768

This is the end of the Movement Phase:

View attachment 12770

Note that only E6 did not activate, every other activation check resulted in some very bold Frenchmen showing up to fight. The French squad and 1/2 squad in H5 did not have any valid targets to shoot at, they were activated by the 8-1 and squad in H9 (it would have been a 2 up 2, so I thought it not worth the shot).

Advance Fire Phase

Well I fired both my Armored Cars and both generated a SAN! The first (in I9) did nothing, but the one in P8, well it looks like this (sorry I have a iMac with a 4k monitor):

View attachment 12771

The French Sniper pinned the scout section, but it could have stunned the 221 AC.

But I did manage to break up the little French fire group on that hill top, I killed the 1/2 squad on the hill top with Sgt. Oertzen (8-1) and his squad and LMG.

Here is the end of the German player turn:

View attachment 12772

Took me longer then expected, I had to look up quite a bit of S rules and also some basic rules I have forgotten, like Armored Assault, Trucks, AC's (AFV's in general) and lots of activation lookups.

Good fun. Let see what the Frenchies do in their turn, tomorrow...
You will need the rulebook less and less as you progress. Good stuff

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
French turn 1

Rally was uneventful for both sides.

French Prep Fire Phase
The entire French company (reduced, i.e. 8 squad eqvls.) fired mostly at my scouts in I8 and broke them, and they also DM'ed Sgt. Shultz and his squad in E8.

French MPh
Nothing to move.

German DFPh
Both leaders (Sgt. 8-1 Oertzen, and Lt. 9-2 Buckner) have passed their CMD checks (NOTE: For this CG and all subsequent Missions, I will not check for CMD for the Germans on Turn 1, in which they are what I consider the Attacker). My personal "grudge rule" (lol).

As you can see here is the results of all my DFPh, I unconcealed Lt. Buckner and his squads to fire since it will be my PFPh next.

That French 8-1 (now named Sgt. Zinedine Zidane, after the French Soccer player, ask me later on this..lol) withstood three fire attacks!

Here is another view of the same, not sure which view (the above or below) is better (?).

Rout Phase
I just routed my scout half squad Y (previously in I8) to G10.

French APh
NOTE:
I look at playing SASL as akin to play against the AI (aka Steel Panthers), so I am also going to help the 'AI' out where I can without violating the spirit of the SASL rules. So what follows is my interpretation and my help to the French Player (sort of makes it harder for the Germans but also more challenging.

The French Company commanded by Sgt. Zidane takes the initiative and does some internal line shuffling while waiting for the next German assault. Sgt. Bordeleau (this time I revert back to Hockey players for names, again, ask me why if interested) who was formally in G5 moves over to take command of Sgt. Zidane's squads, while Zidane hustles upstairs to rally his broken French comrades.

No CC so that ends the French Player turn and thus Turn 1 in my first Mission, of a long (and glorious or disastrous SASL CG), that was wonderfully created by Ahriman667.

Next post will be the start of German Player turn 2.

That's how I got in this predic-a-ment. Dudly Do-Right...LOL

ChappyNS

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llCanada
French turn 1

Rally was uneventful for both sides.

French Prep Fire Phase
The entire French company (reduced, i.e. 8 squad eqvls.) fired mostly at my scouts in I8 and broke them, and they also DM'ed Sgt. Shultz and his squad in E8.
View attachment 12775

French MPh
Nothing to move.

German DFPh
Both leaders (Sgt. 8-1 Oertzen, and Lt. 9-2 Buckner) have passed their CMD checks (NOTE: For this CG and all subsequent Missions, I will not check for CMD for the Germans on Turn 1, in which they are what I consider the Attacker). My personal "grudge rule" (lol).

As you can see here is the results of all my DFPh, I unconcealed Lt. Buckner and his squads to fire since it will be my PFPh next.
View attachment 12776

That French 8-1 (now named Sgt. Zinedine Zidane, after the French Soccer player, ask me later on this..lol) withstood three fire attacks!

Here is another view of the same, not sure which view (the above or below) is better (?).
View attachment 12777

Rout Phase
I just routed my scout half squad Y (previously in I8) to G10.

French APh
NOTE:
I look at playing SASL as akin to play against the AI (aka Steel Panthers), so I am also going to help the 'AI' out where I can without violating the spirit of the SASL rules. So what follows is my interpretation and my help to the French Player (sort of makes it harder for the Germans but also more challenging.

The French Company commanded by Sgt. Zidane takes the initiative and does some internal line shuffling while waiting for the next German assault. Sgt. Bordeleau (this time I revert back to Hockey players for names, again, ask me why if interested) who was formally in G5 moves over to take command of Sgt. Zidane's squads, while Zidane hustles upstairs to rally his broken French comrades.
View attachment 12780

No CC so that ends the French Player turn and thus Turn 1 in my first Mission, of a long (and glorious or disastrous SASL CG), that was wonderfully created by Ahriman667.

Next post will be the start of German Player turn 2.

That's how I got in this predic-a-ment. Dudly Do-Right...LOL

Like you, I too use the first turn as free from CMD check. IMO, everyone has their initial orders and they launch without trouble.

I like your hockey player reference....I still play hockey (although my season was prematurely ended by the pandemic) and I am a huge Habs fan (Canadiens)!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
German Player Turn 2

Here is the start of turn 2:

So none of the Germans rally but holy smokes! Those Frenchies! Sgt. Zidane does it again! He ran upstairs and gave the 1st line squad a good convincing to honor France gloriously! Well maybe he just wanted to cheer them up but they took the ball and are rolling with it.

As you can see they went absolutely Berserk!

German PFPh
Well, the German Prep Fire was not very effective, all we ended up doing was to DM that 1/2 squad in H5 on Level 2.

German MPh
Well on my far left flank, the first truck makes it through okay, but man the second truck did not fair so well. Sgt. Zidane coaching the Berserk squad on mananged to imobilze the truck, cause the crew to bale and abandon the truck and the squad B was broken by a 1MC in the process!

Here is that mess:

Wow, so on my right flank I decided to push things a bit with one of my trucks, four (4) of the pesky French S? were dummies. However as the truck crested the next hill hex sure enough guess what popped out?

These guys!

My truck took a 12 even! However I was very lucky! The French rolled an 11! Saving my bacon and they loosing their ROF as well. Time to stop that truck and get out!

And of course when the truck stops, it gets hit by residue, no effect on anyone. Then when they unload, the mortar crew 2 breaks, but squad I is okay.

The rest of the movement phase was quiet, lessons learned for the other truck drivers so as not to push the limits and get folks killed!

Oh, errata, I forgot to name the new French leader here is Sgt. Antoine Roussel:

French DFPh
The only DFPh was one lowly 1st line French Squad in G6, and it fired at the CE PSW 221 in I9, and guess what? Well they stun that AC.

German APh
None

RtPh
Non-eventful.

German APh
A S? was revealed as a dummy and the other produced another Green squad and Sgt. Bruno Maynard (yet another 8-1 French leader!).

CCPh
The one German 2-4-7 scout 1/2 squad gained ?.

And that ends a not so wonderful German player turn 2.

Nell, this is no time for high-jinks! ...Dudley Do-Right...

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Like you, I too use the first turn as free from CMD check. IMO, everyone has their initial orders and they launch without trouble.

I like your hockey player reference....I still play hockey (although my season was prematurely ended by the pandemic) and I am a huge Habs fan (Canadiens)!
Yes, it just makes sense for the first turn to not use a CMD, IMHO.

Don't play hockey anymore (last time I was 16), but I am always and still am a Bruins fan!

This will show my age but my 'hero' back when I was a kid was Bobby Orr.

ChappyNS

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llCanada
Yes, it just makes sense for the first turn to not use a CMD, IMHO.

Don't play hockey anymore (last time I was 16), but I am always and still am a Bruins fan!

This will show my age but my 'hero' back when I was a kid was Bobby Orr.
A Bruins fan? Ewwww. I don't like you anymore! Go Habs!

As far as the battle goes, you are generating some fine French leaders! Have you ever thought of working for the other side? :)

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
French Turn 2

Rph

The French Green squad in M4 in the woods self-rallied!

Other than that nothing significant happened, except squad I in 15V5 picked up the mortar left behind by the fleeing crew.

PFPh
Well Sgt. Roussel with his big FG (1x 4-5-8 and 1x 4-5-7 and the MMG) launched a 12 even on 15V5, squad I pinned and the Truck was wrecked.

Other than that little excitement, nothing much else happened.

MPh
The only possible French move is the Berserk squad, they move unscathed down the stairwell and into the open ground hex charging glamorously towards squad E in H9, and as they do so with superb fire discipline and not using their LMG they fire a 1,1, cowering down from 4 to 2 for a 0 and 2KIA leaving a 1 FP residue behind.

DFPh
My weapons platoon up on hill 714 (Y6) FG upon Sgt. Roussel's FG and the HMG got ROF 3 times causing this little bit of havoc upon the brave Frenchmen.

The firing of the weapons platoon revealed a dummy and an elite 4-5-8 on board 58.

My personal leader (7-0) directed a FG at Sgt. Maynard, and broke him but his green squad passed with flying colors.

I fired one of my 50mm mortars lost rate but gained an ACC on Sgt. Roussel's foxhole.

So a lot of firing in the village, but leave it to Lt. Bruckner, all his FG did was to pin the green French squad and then ...
get this...
Which results in

And that ends my DFPh and here is the 'hot spots':

AFPh
None.

RtPh
None.

APh
None.

CCPh
None.

And that friends concludes the French turn 3.

Well, Nell, I guess all's well that ends well, eh? --- Dudley Do-Right...

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
German Player Turn 2

Here is the start of turn 2:
View attachment 12781

So none of the Germans rally but holy smokes! Those Frenchies! Sgt. Zidane does it again! He ran upstairs and gave the 1st line squad a good convincing to honor France gloriously! Well maybe he just wanted to cheer them up but they took the ball and are rolling with it.
View attachment 12782

As you can see they went absolutely Berserk!

German PFPh
Well, the German Prep Fire was not very effective, all we ended up doing was to DM that 1/2 squad in H5 on Level 2.
View attachment 12784

German MPh
Well on my far left flank, the first truck makes it through okay, but man the second truck did not fair so well. Sgt. Zidane coaching the Berserk squad on mananged to imobilze the truck, cause the crew to bale and abandon the truck and the squad B was broken by a 1MC in the process!

Here is that mess:
View attachment 12786

Wow, so on my right flank I decided to push things a bit with one of my trucks, four (4) of the pesky French S? were dummies. However as the truck crested the next hill hex sure enough guess what popped out?

These guys!
View attachment 12787

My truck took a 12 even! However I was very lucky! The French rolled an 11! Saving my bacon and they loosing their ROF as well. Time to stop that truck and get out!

And of course when the truck stops, it gets hit by residue, no effect on anyone. Then when they unload, the mortar crew 2 breaks, but squad I is okay.
View attachment 12788

The rest of the movement phase was quiet, lessons learned for the other truck drivers so as not to push the limits and get folks killed!

Oh, errata, I forgot to name the new French leader here is Sgt. Antoine Roussel:
View attachment 12789

French DFPh
The only DFPh was one lowly 1st line French Squad in G6, and it fired at the CE PSW 221 in I9, and guess what? Well they stun that AC.
View attachment 12790

German APh
None

RtPh
Non-eventful.

German APh
A S? was revealed as a dummy and the other produced another Green squad and Sgt. Bruno Maynard (yet another 8-1 French leader!).
View attachment 12791

CCPh
The one German 2-4-7 scout 1/2 squad gained ?.

And that ends a not so wonderful German player turn 2.

Nell, this is no time for high-jinks! ...Dudley Do-Right...
The truck, unless armed, has no inherent crew, just the driver that never takes counter form. The cs# is for passengers only.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The truck, unless armed, has no inherent crew, just the driver that never takes counter form. The cs# is for passengers only.
Thanks I’ll remove the truck crew. Like I said, still knocking out some i the rust, appreciate the help in keeping me honest since I don’t have a FTF, please continue to monitor and remind.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
A Bruins fan? Ewwww. I don't like you anymore! Go Habs!

As far as the battle goes, you are generating some fine French leaders! Have you ever thought of working for the other side? :)
I can almost forgive you for being a Habs fan, but it ain’t gonna happen.

But since I am a good Bruins fan, we’re still friends. ?

Yeah crazy on all the French 8-1 right?

Pretty excited and I am having a blast.

ChappyNS

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llCanada
I can almost forgive you for being a Habs fan, but it ain’t gonna happen.

But since I am a good Bruins fan, we’re still friends. ?

Yeah crazy on all the French 8-1 right?

Pretty excited and I am having a blast.
Having fun is the main thing!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
German Turn 3

RPh

Sgt. Shultz finally rallied (15E8, they have been broken since turn 1) and crew 1 (15U9 the original 50mm mortar crew from the truck that is now a wreck) rallied. The French 1st line squad in Sgt. Roussel's FG that was broken rolled a 1,1 and then rolled a 5,5 (+2 DRM) which caused them to surrender but since none of my units were close enough, they became Disrupted.

PFPh
Well over a platoon with two LMG's and -2 leader fired on a French Green squad resulting in two 1MC and a NMC and that Green French scoffed at all the fire power sent his way. My other PSW 221, fired to DM the 2nd level units and rolled box cars to malf his MG's. Cpl. Lazov's FG firing on the broken Sgt. Maynard's hex DM'ed Sgt. Maynard and the French Green Squad Battle Harden's to a 1st Line Squad. Luck is just not with the Germans today.

Here is a screen shot of the action.

MPh/DFPh
Very minimum moves, Sgt. Oertzen took a very stupid risk by moving into J7 and not realizing that the French units in H5 could SFF on him, lucked out and only he Pinned for his efforts and squad G wisely decided to halt for the moment. LMG team 1, decided to move into the Craig of L5. Squad F AM into PSW 221 C's hex and took four shots from G7, G6, and G5 and passed with flying colors.

Here is the result of the moves and DF.

AFPh
MG team 1 fired to DM H5 2nd level guys. Squad F and G fired but no effects.

RtPh
None.

APh
Nothing exciting.

CCPh
None, but two units gain ? status.

Here is the end of the turn:

Gee, didn't you ever read the Hero's Handbook? --- Rocky

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
French Turn 3

RPh

The French Green squad in 15G7 with the LMG was not properly trained in it's usage and broke the LMG for good. My PSw 221 D, found out it had no more ammunition left for its MG and is Recalled. More woes for the German's.

PFPh
Again, a French Green squad fires at Lt. Bruckner and his two squads and, pins the LT. and breaks one of the squads. Sgt. Oertzen paid the price for his mistake, the two French squads under the excellent leadership of Sgt. Bordeleau is KIA. My companies first leader loss. We salute Sgt. Oertzen our short lived 8-1 leader to the casualty bin.

MPh/DFPh
No French movement. However here is a snyapus of the German DFPh:

Returning Fire, pinned a couple of squads and of course one of firing set off a SAN which killed off the broken scouts in 15Q8, first German casualties.

Mortar team A gets rate and breaks Sgt. Roussel but the elite French squad and the disrupted squad both pass with flying colors (although the disrupted squad is DM'ed), and a SAN of 3 was no effect.

Finally some Hero's of the day! The two MG fire-teams (team 6 MMG and team 4 HMG) up on hill 714 fired one shot (lost rate) and managed a 1MC on Sgt. Roussel's foxhole in the woods. Sgt. Roussel rolled Boxcars and is eliminated! The elite MMG squad passes the 1MC but fails the LLMC and is broken and the previously disrupted 1st line squad ELR and broken into a 1/2 squad.

Here is a screenshot of that fine mess...

AFPh
None.

RtPh
Lt. Bruckner broken and routed out of G9 into the woods behind for some contemplation and get his thoughts in order.

APh
None.

CCPh
The French squad that entrenched gained ?.

Here is the end of the turn:

Smush them! --- Boris Badneov

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
German Turn 4

RPh

Squad B (in 15A4) which broken from that abandoned and immobilized truck self rallied.
French Sgt. Maynard rallied.

PFPh
Back in the Village, again leaderless but effective. Enough firepower broke the green French squad in G7 and DM'ed the 2nd level 1/2 squad.

Over on the hill, mortars get some rate, killing the disrupted 1/2 squad and doing nothing to the elite squad in 58CC10. Meanwhile Cpl. Lazov's FG does nothing.

MPh/DFPh
Well the mortar (B) toting and ATR carying squad I got a little brave (cocky) and dropped the mortar and merrily walked down the road and low and behold a S? (actually a group of them) on big old hill of board 58 (right knoll) activates and guess what the Frenchies have?

Yes folks that is right, French Lieutenant Benoit-Olivier Groulx shows up to rain on my parade!

Well that 4 down 3 was a bummer, squad I ELR'ed (6,5) and broke and then guess who activated right next to good old Groulx? Yep, another nasty French NCO. This time Sgt. Cristobal Huet and 1st line squad pops up and takes a shot (lucky me it's only a 5,6.

Here is the lovely VPO French protectors.

I then CX the mortar team 2 up the hills and under the wreck to eventually get his mortar back, we will need it. And that concludes the right flank movement ladies and gentlemen and this is what mess I have to deal with soon.

So the easy thing to do first is to move the PSW 221 D (remember it's in a state of Recall) off the map.

Question: Since the AC is recalled does it count for the French CVP? Rule reference too please.

So LMG Team 1 AM into the Craig and Sgt. Bordeleau's FG broke them.

And that basically concludes the movement phase.

Final Fire
No effect.

AFPh
I have none.

Here is all the fire action.

RtPh
LMG Team 1 is eliminated due to interdiction in K7.

APh
I decide to take a risk. I order squads A and B to advance onto the hill.

CCPh
None.

Here is the final positions of my slightly battered company:

Boris, what are we doing darling? We've been trying to catch Moose and Squirrel ever since we first got drawn. We tried to stab them, shoot them, smash them, smush them, crush them, bash them, mash them, squish them, and they don't even know our names. I'm tried of all this, Boris. I don't want to be spy no more. Let's face it, darling, we suck. We can never catch Moose and Squirrel. --- Natasha Fatale

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
French Turn 4

RPh

Nothing for either side as far as rallies go, Lt. Bruckner fails to rally with no DM on him, sigh. Bright spot the CX'ed mortar team 2 finds a 50mm mortar.

PFPh
Wow, so as you can see my risk paid off. The French may be bugging out.

And the other side of the map, Lt. Groulx platoon decides to dig in while Sgt. Huet decides to move. The elite squad in 58CC10 decides to move as well.

The 1st line French squad's prep was no effect.

MPh/DFPh
Interesting, the two squads in 1st level G5 AM to the ground level. The 1st line in the wooden building (G6) AM into the ground level of H5.

I know that Sgt. Huet got a move order, but it does not make any sense to leave a VPO hex. So for now I am just going to ignore it, I know it makes it harder on me, but I don't know of any sane ASL'er that would leave this particular location. So take that and stuff it up your SASL box!

So the elite French squad in the brush (58CC10) AM into 58DD9 and mortar team C tracked him and got a hit! No, silly not a CH but a good hit, caused the elite to ELR (5,5) on a 1MC.

Final Fire
Well here is the village, do I need to say more? Oh a wasted opportunity?

Most of the company Panics and I broke the ATR. I blaming it on the poor leadership of Lt. Bruckner (he is just off map, hiding).

And then there are the bright spots. First the not so bright spot. Cpl. Lazov's FG Pinned the 1st line squad in the woods (15EE2).

And now the wonderful part. Mortar Team 2 (mortar B) fired one shot, got rate and rolled a CH! The 1st line squad took the honors with a 1KIA and Lt. Groulx broke while the elite squad took a casualtiy MC (6,6) and also ELR'ed. This is what is left in that hex:
Well since I got rate...another hit with rate results in a 1MC and Lt. Groulx is no more (6,6) and the 1/2 squad also fails and dies.

Well since I got rate...hit, but no rate, only a NMC, Sgt. Huet passes with flying colors, however, the 1st line squad rolls 6,6 (again another CMC) and another ELR.

Mortar Team 3 (mortar A) fires, gets rate, no effect. Fires, loses rate, no effect. The HMG and MMG team fire but no effect on the already broken squad in 58DD9.

AFPh
None.

Here is the end results of all that firing.

RtPh
Just the normal stuff (tired its 2 am).

APh
Sgt. Maynard advanced into 15EE2 and Sgt. Bordeleau advanced down the stairwell to the just routed broken 1st line squad.

CCPh
None.

What's the point? I guess the world just doesn't need us anymore, Bullwinkle. --- Rocky J. Squirrel