AAR 194 Infanterie-Regiment, 71st Infantrie-Division SASL CG [May 1040 - May 1945]

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Its been a while since I have posted.

I have had a little burn out for some reason so I took a small break from my CG. I'll get back to it once I can.

I have also had some life experiences and that has taken some of the wind out of my sails.

My mother passed away last Saturday and I am heading back home to help my sister plan the funeral and deal with her material possession and to comfort and grieve with one another.

So I don't know when I'll be back or when I'll return to this AAR.

Best regards, you all have been great.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You’ve been great too Don. So sorry to hear of your loss. I’m comforted knowing you have family to grieve with. Please check back in here when you’re ready. Till then, know you will be missed. I’m praying God’s peace upon you. Your brother in Christ,

Allan

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Allen (Al)! That really means a lot to me.

PS after I head home (WA) and my Dad comes down from Alaska, I'll be heading up with him to help him with work and what not for several months (tentatively speaking). Not exactly sure where you are, but I'll be in the Kenai peninsula during August - September and we will see how things go up there.

ChappyNS

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llCanada
Wow Don, I am just getting back from vacation and saw this. I am very sorry for your loss and can only imagine what you are going through. Your CG can wait for another day. Take care

Mark

alanlynott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Marc (lol, yes I am following your AAR :D),

Yes it was close, but the good news is I lost to my self, and that is not a bad thing, I know I used to be a pretty good ASL'er, lol.

Luck of the roll. Two things I noticed while playing this SASL CG.

1. The French can have great leaders and fight well when led well in good terrain
  2. The French can and do surrender in droves
Setting up for Mission 2. Still sorting out the CG rules and S rules (17) to get my 'core' ready for the next mission.
That was a brilliant AAR. Thank you!