A98 Crossing The Gniloi Tikitsch VC

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
The Germans win if they Control building 22P8 by the end of "Turn 3", or at game end if...
Modern scenarios usually spell out if it is at:
the end of Player Turn 3 or
the end of Game Turn 3
someone could clarify if the victory condition is referring to player turn 3 or game turn 3?

I think it should be Game Turn 3 but I need a word of confirmation from the old sages here

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
No inside knowledge here, but I would always assume "Turn" to mean "Game Turn" if not otherwise made clear.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I interpret it as they win if they control the building at any time before the end of Game Turn 3.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are correct it is worded poorly, however if one reads completely A3 initial paragraph and A3.9, I would think you would arrive at the conclusion it is referring to the completion of a Game Turn as that is when the Turn marker is advanced. In as much as a Player Turn is only a segment of a "TURN" as intimated by 3.9, I would find it difficult to arrive at a counter interpretation, and in this specific instance have never seen it played differently. YMMV.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool scenario, the Germans have got to find that observer at all costs.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If it only says "Turn" - I would interpret that to mean "Game Turn".

Reactions: ecz

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In this scenario specifically I believe it to be at the conclusion of a Game Turn as the other interpretation would seriously imbalance the scenario. IMHO

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In this scenario specifically I believe it to be at the conclusion of a Game Turn as the other interpretation would seriously imbalance the scenario. IMHO
Interpreting it as the end of the German Player Turn would simply mean that the Germans don't get the Russian turn 3, which would mean the Russians would not have to keep a unit in the building if the Germans had a GO infantry MMC in the building already.

I admit I haven't played it yet (always wanted to, but never got around to it), but it just sounds like can't be that much of a deal breaker in a 8 turn reinforced company sized assault.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interpreting it as the end of the German Player Turn would simply mean that the Germans don't get the Russian turn 3, which would mean the Russians would not have to keep a unit in the building if the Germans had a GO infantry MMC in the building already.

I admit I haven't played it yet (always wanted to, but never got around to it), but it just sounds like can't be that much of a deal breaker in a 8 turn reinforced company sized assault.
Played it three times, albeit a looooong time ago, both with the way you intimated and twice as a Game Turn End situation. It's just my feeling that the end of Game Turn is what is meant given the ultimate potential length of the scenario. IIRC it did make a difference in the defensive setup decisions as to whether to heavily defend the locality or spread out a bit and risk an immediate loss but have the potential to delay the enemy. As I intimated, YMMV.

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Are player turns numbered? Where? Game turns are numbered on the turn track record.

JR

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree it should be game turn end; I don't think it's even questionable.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Thanks for the answers.
The question arose during a VASLeague game, and players asked me.
Luckily I'm not the "referee", but just the TD, so I suggested to post here the question. That I wrote for them.

They are more than happy of the quick and reasonalble answers.