A93 Faugh A' Ballagh! ongoing

Bruce Childs

Reaction score
Sam has accepted my invite for a live vasl4 game of this scenario. He got the Germans and made rubble DRs to speed up the start. Rubble has been placed in the following hexes:
R6, U6, W1, W3, W5, W8, X2, Z6, Z7, AA4, AA5, BB5, BB7, DD2 AND DD5
Roadblocks thusly placed at AA6 (connecting AA5 and Z6) and CC5 (BB5 and DD5).

By his deployment I can infer he was possibly abused as a child, as he is guarding his flank against an around the end manuever... :lol:

(Sam, now dont look, important tactical information forthcoming)-

Since I can only enter on/between hexes A1-O1, and he is spread out more or less evenly, a direct approach is in order. Given the British vehicles' sM8 and sD7, smoke should enable the infantry to move into position near the towns' edge. The first turn smoke usage DRs will be of obvious importance....

This game will be played live (unsure of start date and times at mo) and all are invited to kibutz. This is my first game vs Sam and I look forward to it. More additions to this AAR will be posted as news from the front comes in..... 8)

Bruce Childs

Reaction score
on hold.....

While Tuomo rides roughshod over Sam's doomed rabble, this game has been put on da back burner.....

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, still plan on doing this...

My ISP has been extreemely flakey the last few days... I think Tom and I need one more session to wrap up our game.

Log files for my game against Jeff Newell and Tom Repetti are on my website... http://dicetower.com. I'll post log files for this there as well as soon as we play. :)

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A93 Faugh A' Ballagh! ongoing

This is absoultely one of the best one-board scenarios ever. Not only does it take place on Board 10 (a fave of mine) it also has replayability due to the random placing of the rubble counters.

Last time I played this two(!) of my tanks got nailed by the shreck in the second turn. One tank was immobilized by the assault gun who then attacked the Brit infantry next and managed to battle harden a squad into a fanatic and generate a hero within a couple of turns. The disabled tank managed to flame the German assault gun the next turn or so after having missed the first time.

God I love this game. :D