A9.8 - assembly of sw - cant find that this is right - likely I have done it wrong for 20+ years

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

My esteemed opponent did something that launched me into an hour long search to no avail across the tomb and Q and A collection (plus digging out a few journal debriefs since they are now in PDF)

US squad in dfire phase assembles the MMG as one action but then fires inherent at a target - 9.8 stste its consumes rof etc but does not deny this action - no Q and A covers it - so is this something I have found that I wish I had done for 20+ years and did not know that in dfire phase you could do such actions

SO it led to teh obvious follow on questions

If he had of fired his squad as a first fire in movement - does that mean in difre phase he is still allowed to "kinda final fire" and assemble the MG?

Am I allowed to do that in prep - fire inherent and assemble MG?

Very much a rule I did not know if it is true and wish I had of used it in the past :(

Cheers and thanks in advance

Rob :)

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Yes and yes. A unit may assemble/dismantle a SW in place of firing it.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All

My esteemed opponent did something that launched me into an hour long search to no avail across the tomb and Q and A collection (plus digging out a few journal debriefs since they are now in PDF)

US squad in dfire phase assembles the MMG as one action but then fires inherent at a target - 9.8 stste its consumes rof etc but does not deny this action - no Q and A covers it - so is this something I have found that I wish I had done for 20+ years and did not know that in dfire phase you could do such actions

SO it led to teh obvious follow on questions

If he had of fired his squad as a first fire in movement - does that mean in difre phase he is still allowed to "kinda final fire" and assemble the MG?

Am I allowed to do that in prep - fire inherent and assemble MG?

Very much a rule I did not know if it is true and wish I had of used it in the past :(

Cheers and thanks in advance

Assembling a SW constitutes use of the SW. There are no restrictions beyond that.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Why did you post your question in the Perry Sez folder?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dammit now I'm questioning something. Can you assemble a MG in First Fire (which I think is equivalent to firing it and losing ROF) and then use it (as Sustained Fire) in SFF?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Dammit now I'm questioning something. Can you assemble a MG in First Fire (which I think is equivalent to firing it and losing ROF) and then use it (as Sustained Fire) in SFF?
I can't quote a rule, but I believe the answer is NO.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It is not allowed during the enemy's MPh.
Only during PFPh/DFPh.
A9.8 ... A weapon may be converted to an appropriate dm SW counter (or vice versa) by the unit possessing it during any PFPh/DFPh in which the weapon has not fired, but such conversion counts as use of that SW.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Thank you all Gentlemen for you assistance and overcoming the embarrassment of clicking on the wrong thread to start
It is funny this ASL that after 1984 to 2020 I never saw anyone do it before and it worked so well for him its in my mind forever

Cheers