A9.22: Does a Cowering FL leave RFP?

Seabee Mark

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's a RFP question based on a situation that occurred during my ongoing game with Reepicheep.

Situation: 4-6-7 w/LMG First Fires (w/o leadership) & declaring a firelane. Generally this leaves 2RFP in the target hex and establishes a 1FP firelane.

The DR is: 2,2 :angry:, a cower result. No FL is placed, attack is reduced to the 4 column, and squad/LMG are marked w/Final Fire.

What RFP is placed? 2RFP (1/2 of 4FP) or 1FP (1/2 of Squad FP only and discounting the LMG since it was trying to place a FL)?

For what its worth: We played that both squad & LMG contributed to RFP figuring that the LMG FP had to "go" somewhere, but looking for opinions.

Thanks,
Mark

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Tough question. I'm with you (but then, I just got blown out of the water by a Perry Sez on the ASLML, and I haven't checked for any on this, so what does my opinion count for? :) )

Seabee Mark

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perry's Inbox is...?

Thanks Chris - hey I trust you since you're with me. Too bad Perry Sez's aren't done by popular vote though.

So how does one go about getting a Perry Sez? This may be one for his inbox.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
You drop him an email, preferably in a format that can be answered by a simple yes or no. Alternatively, there's a web-based submission form at the MMP website. The email address is:

mailto:asl_qa@multimanpublishing.com

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1 Residual is the answer

It's one residual FP. Since you were going for a firelane the MG doesn't count, just the squad. The squad's FP cowers from 4 to 2, thus yielding only 1 residual.

No firelane attempt would have netted 2 residual.

Bret