A7.9 Cowering

Slam

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I think I have this but just to check...

When a Fire Group cowers then the whole attack is resolved on the next lower IFT column and a a random selection used to select the unit or units to be marked with Prep / final fire counters..

As opposed to : Randomly select the unit (s) that cower and reduce those units FP to the next lower IFT column and recalculate the Fire Group fire power then mark those units with prep ? FF counters.

I am pretty sure the RB V2 says the former but as always others may see it differently.

Thanks...

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Slam said:
I think I have this but just to check...

When a Fire Group cowers then the whole attack is resolved on the next lower IFT column and a a random selection used to select the unit or units to be marked with Prep / final fire counters..

As opposed to : Randomly select the unit (s) that cower and reduce those units FP to the next lower IFT column and recalculate the Fire Group fire power then mark those units with prep ? FF counters.

I am pretty sure the RB V2 says the former but as always others may see it differently.

Thanks...
Your first response is correct Will (see A7.9 for all the details).

The RS will determine who receives a Final Fired/Prep Fire counter. This matter a lot in the DFPh and for purposes of ROF in both phases.

Take note of who is immune to cowering as well. Put you Fanatics on the HMG for trouble free Fire Lanes ... barring a 12 DR of course.

:)

... gawd ... *I'm* answering rule questions ...

Not a good sign.

:cheeky:

=Jim=

Slam

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Jim, also for the tactical thoughts... much appreciated (and needed !)