A7.72 - Upper Level Encirclement vs HIP

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Bumped this up. Still curious about the placement of an Encirclement counter and some interesting thoughts here.

Btw I don't think we placed them but that doesn't mean that they should not be placed.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bumped this up. Still curious about the placement of an Encirclement counter and some interesting thoughts here.

Btw I don't think we placed them but that doesn't mean that they should not be placed.
They can be placed simply as a reminder, but then don't forget that they also get removed differently than "normal" encircled counters. And since they don't get removed per the normal removal rules, they really shouldn't be placed as a reminder.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
They can be placed simply as a reminder, but then don't forget that they also get removed differently than "normal" encircled counters. And since they don't get removed per the normal removal rules, they really shouldn't be placed as a reminder.
The reason this topic interests me is because it is something I f'd up and actually remember. Not that I didn't f up all manner of stuff but like Platoon Movement this I remember. Especially as it was in print.

In the Guryev's Series Replay Mark Nixon, as the commentator, pointed out a few oversights that were made by Fish and I. Lol probably more me than Fish. IIRC one oversight was neglecting the Encirclement status of an Upper Level unit. Although the details escape me the memory is still there. Even after way too many refreshments. 🙄

Btw Mark's work on the Serious Reply ( lol our name for it ) is an excellent example of why I consider him one of the giants of ASL. He was good and a machine at playing. We loved him.

Last edited: