A7.7 Encirclement

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the situation above, all German units combine as a Fire Group to take a 30/+3 shot at the Russian 447. Given that the 247 is one of two units in the Fire Group that potentially enable the shot to cause Encirclement, and that the 247's shot alone is not sufficient to be an Encirclement-causing shot, does the shot from this Fire Group cause Encirclement?

Yes.

....Perry

MMP

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let’s say there is no squad in Y9, could those two FGs encircle? I’m inclined to say yes.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let’s say there is no squad in Y9, could those two FGs encircle? I’m inclined to say yes.
Given Perry's answer to my question, I agree. If I could generalize his answer, a shot counts toward encirclement if the total firepower of the Fire Group is sufficient to possibly cause a NMC, regardless of the firepower of the individual unit that has the LOS that's necessary for Encirclement.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Given Perry's answer to my question, I agree. If I could generalize his answer, a shot counts toward encirclement if the total firepower of the Fire Group is sufficient to possibly cause a NMC, regardless of the firepower of the individual unit that has the LOS that's necessary for Encirclement
Except that the firepower of units/weapons that are firing beyond normal range do not count, IIRC.

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
New question re. encirclement: Can an encircled unit move out of encirclement into CC in the APh? Will the advance cost double, possibly resulting in CX? I think yes twice.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
New question re. encirclement: Can an encircled unit move out of encirclement into CC in the APh? Will the advance cost double, possibly resulting in CX? I think yes twice.
Yes, but the PerrySez section is not the preferred place for rules questions. It is supposed to be used for responses to received from MMP only.

JR

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
Sorry I am in the wrong place for rules questions. I am fairly new to Game Squad & still learning the ropes.
Thank you for your response

Ed