Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Someone brought a new interpretation of A7.305 to ASLOK last year in one of my games. The rule states "PTC result forces an unbroken Personnel target to take a NTC". The index states this about Personnel: "all SMC and MMC counters, including those mounted as Cavalry or Passengers/Riders, but excluding inherent crews since they are not in counter form".

Since the definition of Personnel does not include CE inherent crews, then CE inherent crews do not take IFT PTC results, was his interpretation. I have always played that an IFT PTC result against a CE inherent crew is rolled. So has everyone else that I asked at ASLOK. What say you?

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's a Perry-Sez; "everyone else" is right. :)

A7.305 & A7.8
Does the “vehicles are not subject to pinning” phrase in A7.8 preclude vehicular crews from pinning when passing a MC by the
highest possible roll? I.e. vehicular crews only pin when failing PTCs per A7.305? If not, what is the purpose of indicating
“vehicles are not subject to pinning” in A7.8?
A. Technically, the vehicle and its Inherent crew are never Pinned, but they suffer a number of negative effects due to having
suffered a “Pin result”. And this “Pin result” can of course come from either failing a PTC or from passing an MC with the highest
DR possible. If the vehicle/its crew had been Pinned, A7.8 would prevent it from moving etc.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I have always played that an IFT PTC result against a CE inherent crew is rolled.
It is rolled.

A7.305 does say "Personnel", but A7.307 says: "...Any Vulnerable PRC in or on such vehicles are affected normally as Personnel targets..."

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Ah, man!. I just needed to read further?! Thank you tons.