(A7.211) TPBF question

John O'Reilly

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Say a unit is in bypass of a hex containing concealed defenders. If said defenders open up then they will do so with TPBF. Makes sense. Now consider what happens (if I interpret the rules correctly) when a unit ENTERS a hex containing concealed units. The defender is forced to reveal at least one real unit to force the attacker back into the hex from whence he came, ending his movement. Also fine, but I do not understand why the defender only benefits from PBF in this case rather than TPBF.

If anything, I would expect the units actually moving into the hex to be vulnerable to intense fire than those skirting it (who will suffer due to likely FFMO/FFNAM though). Am I reading the rules correctly and if so, can someone explain the logic of this to me?

Cheers

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it's just the opposite-the units Bypassing actually made it into the hex, so TPBF applies; the units attempting entry got repelled by the units there and never actually made it into the hex. So only PBF applies to them.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The rules even say that movement points spent are considered spent in the previous hex.

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Did you know?

You may still fire at the PRC of a BU OT vehilce using TPBF with a +2DRM, just thought I should through that in.