A55 Retribution

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played said same scenario in preparation for ASL Open in Chicago end of the month.

Had the US vs. the Italians. Tony Sela was my opponent.

Lined up my troops to move a group of them thru the board 12 gully to get some kind of fire positions to take out the 12U5 bldg.

Also had the 9-1, all 3MMGs and three 666s for a formidable base of fire in 4X1

IN RETROSPECT, I wish I had sent 2 or 3 squads on a long flanking manuever to screw up routs for the Italians. They would have hugged the board 4 edge, until such time it was safe to charge board 12 ville....
But, it didn't hurt me...

OVERVIEW
I took 1.5 squads as losses in turns 1/2. I also lost my 8-0 to his SAN of 5. His first two SANS in fact were 1s--KIAing the 8-0 and breaking a 667 with a HMG.

But after that.....
Well, he generally couldn't pass MCs, and I generally couldn't fail them.
I took no further losses...his SAN though activated about 10 more times couldn't do squat and the 65* ART couldn't do squat...

I had two death star stacks, one directed by the 10-2 and the other by the 9-1. They both got bushels of ROFs and in turn many dead Italians.
Helping out my assault, I rolled a SNAKES and then BH/Hero create with a 667 when I entered the 12U5 bldg. This squad in turn led the assault thru the remainder of the ville....

I'm not sure if this was a fair playing, given that Tony couldn't roll even average dice, whilst I with 6 morale INF couldn't fail MCs.......

It is a tough scenario for the US in that they have TWO VCs to attain ie 1.5 more CVPs and 6/8 multi level bldgs on board 12.
But IMHO harder in the end on the pasta eaters b/c of their low morale and lousy firepower. I think that keeping ? for them as long as possible is part of the key to winning. That combined with reasonable dice, which Tony did NOT have in our playing.

I won it on US turn 8 ie with 1.5 turns remaining.

So, now the ROAR of this scenario should read 43 Italian, 41 USA

LOS question---Tony insists that 12V4 has LOS to the following gully location
12X5
True?

What about a unit in 12X3--does it have LOS down the gully ie to 12Y4, 12Z4, 12AA5, 12BB5, and 12CC6?

I would think that the depiction screws up LOS, at least past 12AA5

I hope to see some of you soonest in Chicago for Windy City Con...

Mark De Vries