A5.132 Vehicular overstacking penalty

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
When firing at a Location in Def First fire, only the moving units are affected.

But what if an AFV is moving through a Location with another friendly AFV? As per the A5.132 penalty, the non-moving AFV could be affected anyway. Is this correct, or A5.132 is NA while in MPh?

Thanks
Juan

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yarlis said:
When firing at a Location in Def First fire, only the moving units are affected.

But what if an AFV is moving through a Location with another friendly AFV? As per the A5.132 penalty, the non-moving AFV could be affected anyway. Is this correct, or A5.132 is NA while in MPh?

Thanks
Juan
I can find nothing in the rules that is an exception to A8.1 - Defensive First Fire attacks affect only the moving unit/stack regardless of other units that occupy the same or intervening hexes at the instant of attack.

I believe that during movement, overstacking of vehicles would have no effect as the non-moving vehicles are immune to fire during DFF.

Someone else may find the exception, but I have not been able to find it in the more obvious rules.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yarlis said:

I think that the rules support that the non-moving vehicle(s) cannot be hit. However, there was un-offical q&a (which I think was from MMP's ownership period) that states otherwise:

A5.132 Can non-moving vehicle(s) be hit by an "overstack hit" during DFF – i.e., do the overstack rules negate the Defensive First Fire rules on eligible targets? Can the intended target be hit by an "overstack hit" (in any fire phase)? If yes, how do you determine the target if there are only two vehicles in the hex (this rule says to use Random Selection only if there are three or more vehicles)?
A. Yes. The non-target vehicle is hit if only 2 vehicles are in Location. {The answer to the second question seems to be "no".} [Letter4]