A4.6 Movement Modifiers & Riders:

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Perry:

A. No

Q: Are Riders, moving in the open, in the spirit noted in A4.6, subject to FFMO?

-----

Even though, for brevity, I'd like to edit the question I asked, I don't think it's right to do so after Perry has answered it. So, I offer that my question included the following preamble:
  • From Klaus’ collection of Perry Sez, D6.64: 'Are Passengers/Riders "units"? A. Yes.'
  • A4.6, middle: "A further -1 First Fire DRM applies to units moving in the open (FFMO)..." (my italics)
  • Therefore, logic suggests, “Riders” on moving vehicles, in the open, without benefit of cover/protection, as addressed in A4.6, are subject to the -1 FFMO DRM

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
My book says:
A4.6 MOVEMENT MODIFIERS (FFMO/FFNAM): Infantry that has moved during the MPh without using Assault (or Hazardous) Movement is subject to a -1 FFNAM DRM to all Defensive First Fire attacks against it in addition to the applicable TEM of its Location ....
and then it goes on to continue discussing FFNAM/FFMO DRMs in the same context, which involves moving INFANTRY

Also from the index, which has the authority of the rules:
FFMO (First Fire Movement in Open Ground; a -1 DRM vs moving Infantry in Open Ground, but it does not apply if it is combined with another effective protective TEM or LOS Hindrance
Explicit statements from the rules and/or index trump logic in the world of ASL.