A29 Scenario Errata?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi Guys,

Mike Weiss and I are playing A29 "A Meeting of Patrols" in the Infantry-Only mini tournament here at Warfare HQ and have come up with a couple of questions. Haven't been able to spot any errata anywhere, but perhaps you know of some we haven't been able to find.

Two questions:

1. Is this one of the few scenarios that can end in a draw? It's possible neither side win immediately by exiting the required number of EVP, and the VC then come down to who has higher CVP at game end. It's obviously quite possible the CVP total will be tied.

2. Who sets up first? By SSR we roll to see who moves first (dr 1-4 Germans, dr 5-6 Americans) but there are no instructions given in the scenario for who sets up first? Both sides are entering from offboard.

Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed.

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
I suppose it is possible to end in a draw, but unlikely.

Since both sides enter from off-board, the side that moves first sets up first and enters the board unopposed.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
WaterRabbit said:
Since both sides enter from off-board, the side that moves first sets up first and enters the board unopposed.
Is there a rules reference for this?

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andrew, there's no errata listed for A29 on the MMP web page. Let's just hope there is no tie :nuts:

I think Water Rabbit is correct as far as the sequence goes. One side does its turn and enters, then the other does the same.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I think I just found the reference in A2.51... setup as first act of the moving player's RPh. So the non-moving player gets to see the attacker's first turn before deciding where to setup.