A25 Cold Crocodiles Map

buser333

Reaction score
SSR2 says "The valley does not exist; treat all valley hexes as level 0, with other terrain therein existing normally."

So translating this, it looks like the gully still exists from A9-D9?

Most scenarios with this type of terrain change say "no cliffs exist." I assume no cliffs exist?

What about those big piles of rocks known as crags in D7, H1, and J3 in the middle of the otherwise wide open spaces? These apparently still somehow manage to exist?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
So translating this, it looks like the gully still exists from A9-D9?
Yes. (Is there some other way of interpreting this? Valley hexes are the ones coloured dark green, normally indicating a base level of -1. Gullies are "other terrain" in those hexes, so those hexes remain depressions, but instead of being at base level -2 they are now base level -1.)

Most scenarios with this type of terrain change say "no cliffs exist." I assume no cliffs exist?
Why would you assume that if it doesn't say it? However I believe (NRBH) that part of the definition of a cliff hexside is that the two hexes on each side have differing base levels; if that's not the case then the cliff inherently can't exist (and you don't need the SSR to specifically say that they don't exist). (I'd agree that it's probably "best practice" for the SSR to specifically address the status of cliffs anyway.)

What about those big piles of rocks known as crags in D7, H1, and J3 in the middle of the otherwise wide open spaces? These apparently still somehow manage to exist?
What about them? Again I ask, what is it about the SSR that makes you even ask the question of whether they exist or not? They are "other terrain" and thus "exist normally".

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
Another question regarding the map and SSR.

So, does the bridge in 24F6 (over the gully) exist?

/asad

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vinnie: maybe your friend wanted to play Alligator Creek or Crocodile Rock!