A24.61 Dispersed SMOKE after Wind Change

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The situation is that a large amount of SMOKE has been placed on the board in the previous turn, then there is a Wind Direction change.

A24.61 would suggest that the Grey Dispersed SMOKE counters placed in the previous Advancing Fire Phase as a result of the Mild Breeze blowing are just removed and are not replaced in line with the new breeze Direction during the subsequent Advancing Fire Phase.

Is this correct? Or have i missed something in this or other chapters? :OHNO:

I am using RBv1. :cry:

da priest

Reaction score
Legion said:
A24.61 would suggest that the Grey Dispersed SMOKE counters placed in the previous Advancing Fire Phase as a result of the Mild Breeze blowing are just removed...

This is correct, removed in WC "phase".

..are not replaced in line with the new breeze Direction during the subsequent Advancing Fire Phase.

This is wrong, they get placed again here.

"Whenever there is a Mild Breeze, Dispersed SMOKE drifts from any original SMOKE source ... at the start of every AFPh. "

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Smoke & Gusts wind change result

Hello:

Had a related question & didn't want to start an entirely new thread since the question essentially falls within this thread's topic. I just wanted to verify if the following is true or not (I think it's true): It is Axis RPh of turn 3. The Germans have both 5/8" full strength & 5/8" dispersed (white) smoke counters that were placed on turns 1 and 2 in separate hexes as well as an Allied 5/8" full strength (white) smoke counter that was placed in Allied turn two in a third hex (Allied player goes second). A 12 wind change (Gusts) was rolled. The Gusts result immediately eliminates the dispersed smoke counter & converts the full strength smoke counters to dispersed as per B25.651 GUSTS (ASLRB v2):

".... A Gust eliminates all dispersed SMOKE and
disperses all non-dispersed SMOKE currently on the
board ..."

So, now it is German Prep Fire phase turn 3 & only two dispersed Smoke counters remain, and the German's is removed as per A24.4 HEIGHT & DURATION (last sentence):

".... White Dispersed SMOKE is removed at the start of
the owning player's next PFPh. His white SMOKE counters
are then flipped over to the white Dispersed side."

So, we are left with only one 5/8" Allied dispersed smoke counter at the start of German turn 3 Prep Fire Phase, correct?

Thanks for any verification,
rk

Shmitty

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at the ASOP, I'd say this is correct. Gusts do a pretty good job of clearing smoke out, it looks like.

Jake