A23 Contest in the Clouds setup

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curious if anyone has done this in VASL and how they went about it.
I can accept no snow colors on the desert portion - Board 25 and the Escarpment.
Found it surprising there's no real answer in this forum on how to place the Escarpment without using the new draggable overlay method,
but ran into cropping problems that approach.
Also - difference between Board 25 and Board 25a?

Have PM'd BigAl on this, but figured an answer here would help others.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the info of others, here was my reply:

Two ways:

Use the overlay extension to drag and drop the E1 overlay in place

Use the legacy overlay placement method using E1 as overlay name and A1 as first hex ID. Leave 2nd hex ID blank.

The second method may allow SSR 3 terrain transforms to occur on the E1 overlay as well.

This scenario could use an updated SSO to include the E1 overlay.

And bd25 would benefit from having a version with the E1 overlay already in place.

I've asked about the difference between bd25 and bd25a. Will try to remember to post here when I get an answer.

Al

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian Kemp told me there's a DftB scenario that uses 2xbd25's. I think older versions of VASL did not allow that. Hence a bd25a was created. I think VASL 6.5.0 will allow the loading of two identically named boards. I haven't tested it thoroughly yet but I did create a set up with 3xbd25s yesterday and it opened okay. I didn't move counters around on it though.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I think VASL 6.5.0 will allow the loading of two identically named boards.
I'm sure it will. Older versions did too. The problem is telling VASL which board to use, in situations where you need to do that. Certainly placing overlays via the old method would have been impossible; the drag-and-drop method presumably resolves that. Wouldn't you have issues with log files etc. though?