Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Q : A23.71 speaks of a Set DC "destroying a bridge hex", so may it be set by a unit under the Bridge?

A : No, the DC must be Set in a Bridge Location to destroy the bridge.

....Perry
MMP

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Seems a bit odd though that a Set DC beneath a bridge that does not destroy the bridge does not affect any other units beneath the bridge. The DC could even have been Set for a reason other than to attack the bridge.
right: not even a form of collateral attack v. any forum tolls lurking beneath?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given you can only set a DC in your location, A23.7, I'm not certain any DC set in the location below the bridge woukd make an attack ON the bridge location to affect it.
I thinkmthe EXC in B6.33 is an exception to the modifiers not an exception to the fact the bridge location must be targeted.
But if you set a DC on the ground level of say a building and rubble it...that does have a result to locations where the DC was not set at, does it not? My point is by extension where the DC is Set can affect other location relative to it.

But this point, does not mean it has to be so for the bridge case here...I was just noting that KABOOM in one location can do things to other locations in a column of locations above it...

Likewise Goliath and Ammo Truck destructions could do likewise in a radius...???...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
But if you set a DC on the ground level of say a building and rubble it...that does have a result to locations where the DC was not set at, does it not? My point is by extension where the DC is Set can affect other location relative to it.

But this point, does not mean it has to be so for the bridge case here...I was just noting that KABOOM in one location can do things to other locations in a column of locations above it...

Likewise Goliath and Ammo Truck destructions could do likewise in a radius...???...
I appreciate the attack in one location can have a knock on effect but the rules state the attack has to be on the bridge. There is no bridge in the location under it.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I appreciate the attack in one location can have a knock on effect but the rules state the attack has to be on the bridge. There is no bridge in the location under it.
That has to be right. To allow the bridge to be blown from underneath would require scaling or crest status, something to get the DC to the bridge.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not if you're blowing up the bridge pillars/supports.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Noted matter closed by post 21. But it was up in the air (her-har) until then...