A23.6 Thrown DC by Wily but Desperate Commissar

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
My good order, unpinned Commissar bearing a DC finds itself ADJACENT to an enemy unit. Another enemy unit moves into same ADJACENT hex. Following A23.6 Commissar can throw the DC as Defensive First Fire (A8.1) thereby attacking the enemy unit that just moved. "But I want to attack them BOTH for the Greater glory of Mother Russia!" thinks the wily and quite desperate Commissar. Can he wait until Final Fire to throw the DC thereby attacking both units? A23.6 seems to say yes "A DC may by Thrown ......during any friendly fire phase", with Final Fire being a friendly fire phase.

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AS you indicated A23.6 allows for this. I think it can be done in prep fire too thus avoiding the DFF that may pin or break the DC toting unit. It is a bit dangerous though.

Mike

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Agree with you both: DCs may be thrown during any phase a unit could fire, including as Bounding First Fire by a Passenger (unless on a motorcycle).

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Agree with you both: DCs may be thrown during any phase a unit could fire, including as Bounding First Fire by a Passenger (unless on a motorcycle).
Don't think it can be done as BFF - that is not a fire phase.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

JR
Hm, is that "unless on a motorcycle" or unless being a "Rider" or maybe not at all as BFF?

von Marwitz