A23.3 DC placement by CX MMC/leader

Martin

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Hi Guys
A leader and squad (possessing a DC) double times to get the 8 MF's needed for the squad to place the DC (placed on 7th and 8th MF). When fired upon in the placement hex the result is a PTC.

Question: Who takes the PTC?

1. Only the placing squad
2. Leader AND squad (since the 2 extra leader bonus MF's made it possible for squad to reach the hex)?

Thanks,
Martin

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would say both if it was on >= 6th MP, but since I have NRBH I would still say both especially if you use the leaders modifier to prevent the pin. If that is the case the leader takes it first and if he passes then the squad with leaders modifier if available. If I remember correctly DC placement is also considered hazardous movement as well.
Since using double time movement as a stack I would also say yes both need to take the PTC.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...If I remember correctly DC placement is also considered hazardous movement as well...
Not is is not - but Setting one is.

For the attack, it is resolved just any any other attack vs a moving stack - all units subject to the PTC take the PTC - leaders first. If the squads stays unpinned the DC is operably placed.

Martin

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Thanks. And if there where also 2 extra squads in the stack (leader and 3 squads), do they also take the PTC resulting from the placement attempt?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks. And if there where also 2 extra squads in the stack (leader and 3 squads), do they also take the PTC resulting from the placement attempt?
Don't stack!

Only if they also spent the movement. There was no reason for them to do so. In fact, they would not have needed to double time but could havevkoved with the leader and DC squad.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If they moved as a stack with the Leader, yes.
Not necessarily. If the stack has already moved 6 and the last 2 mf are placing the DC, the extra 2 squads do not need to join in that movement. If they choose to do so, then they would take the attack.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not necessarily. If the stack has already moved 6 and the last 2 mf are placing the DC, the extra 2 squads do not need to join in that movement. If they choose to do so, then they would take the attack.
Yes it does make a difference at which MF the DF is initiated. If, let's say for purposes of example, the units moved into the terrain ADJACENT to the target location that would cost 2MF to enter/place-a-DC and defensive fire was initiated then (this was my supposition), all units moving with the leader would be subject to the fire. As you rightly brought out, now the MMC/DC & Ldr expend the 7th & 8th MF to place the DC and would suffer any RFP from the 1st shot (if applicable) AND any defensive fire based upon those two MF, but this fire would not affect the other units that had not also accompanied the leader in the DC placement attempt. Good point, thanks for the clarification!:nod:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Three squads and a leader move into the location for 6. Moving player announces that the squad and the leader now place the DC. Two squads are no longer moving and not subject to attack. That they moved with the stack before placement is irrelevant. The other two squads are no longer moving (and the player should not have marked them Cx at the start of the move, just the leader and the DC holder).

Stacks can fragment at any time.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Stacks can fragment at any time.
Right.

And beyond that, squads can benefit from leader bonus even if the do not end their MPh together in the same location with the leader. It is only required that they start it together.

This means if two squads plus leader all declare CX, they can move together for 7MF, then one squad stays behind while the other squad plus leader continues on to move into another OG hex for example.

von Marwitz

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Right.

And beyond that, squads can benefit from leader bonus even if the do not end their MPh together in the same location with the leader. It is only required that they start it together.

This means if two squads plus leader all declare CX, they can move together for 7MF, then one squad stays behind while the other squad plus leader continues on to move into another OG hex for example.

von Marwitz
Not quite. To benefit for the extra leaer movem,ent the squad must start and end its movement with the leader. The leader and the rest of the stack can move further.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Not quite. To benefit for the extra leaer movem,ent the squad must start and end its movement with the leader. The leader and the rest of the stack can move further.
Yes. But I believe this is what I said:

But I might have made it clearer.

von Marwitz