A22.61 MOL Availability and D15.6 Rider Fire

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
1. Given that Cavalry (i.e. Riders)--and more generally, Passengers of vehicles--may use MOL, may Riders mounted on sidecars use MOL?

2. D15.6 appears unequivocal, but should there be an exception for MOL?

Index - Personnel (all SMC and MMC counters, including those mounted as Cavalry or Passengers/Riders, but excluding inherent crews since they are not in counter form).
A22.61 AVAILABILITY: A MOL is not represented by a counter, but is considered an inherent SW of any Personnel unit. A MOL can be used at the option of any unpinned, Good Order (or Berserk) Personnel unit as a SW in one of three ways. It cannot be used in CC.

D15.6 RIDER FIRE: Riders mounted on cycles may not attack on the IFT or CCT. Riders mounted on sidecars may attack with half FP as Mounted Fire, which could be further reduced as AFPh Fire/any other application of halving FP. The only SW use allowed on sidecars is LMG/Thrown DC; a single sidecar would need two SMC Riders to be able to use a SW.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
1. Given that Cavalry (i.e. Riders)--and more generally, Passengers of vehicles--may use MOL, may Riders mounted on sidecars use MOL?
I don't think Passengers of vehicles can use MOL.

D6.1:
"...LMG, PIAT, and Thrown DC are the only SW which can be fired by Passengers. [EXC: Desperation attacks by SCW/RCL as per C13.8-.81]."

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

D6.1:
"...LMG, PIAT, and Thrown DC are the only SW which can be fired by Passengers. [EXC: Desperation attacks by SCW/RCL as per C13.8-.81]."
And Klas once again spoils the party.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can see a six on the colored die and a broken rider attacking his own vehicle with a Mol.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

D6.1:
Missed last sentence of D6.1. Sorry. But then my question was about Riders of sidecars, not those slackers "passengering" in a truck or wagon.

So a Passenger can throw a DC from a wagon, or fire a PF from a truck, but not a MOL. Makes perfect sense to me. :)

What about MOL from motorcycle sidecars? If a Cavalry unit, even a lone SMC, can do it, why not the "Rider" of a sidecar? The risk of a color six is much less than the risk of Backblast with a LATW.

Does D15.6 as written prohibit use of MOL?

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There is usually No Smoking onboard vehicles nowaday anyway. :)
Yep. Times have certainly changed.

Back in the day, Health and Safety types like Shelling, were thrown out of the vehicle along with the DC. ;)

Oh, and thanks for confirming the rule for me.

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
*I* think so because the cool factor of this would be simply off the charts :cool:
I would be with you. But beside what Klas says, IIRC there was a 'Perry Sez' a while ago banning the use of Thrown DCs from Motorcycles/Sidecards. So also from that perspective, I'd be surprised if MOL would be legal. Safety first, folks... :readit:

von Marwitz

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I would be with you. But beside what Klas says, IIRC there was a 'Perry Sez' a while ago banning the use of Thrown DCs from Motorcycles/Sidecards. So also from that perspective, I'd be surprised if MOL would be legal. Safety first, folks...
The Q&A only said that a DC can't be Thrown from a sidecar as a BFF attack.