(A19.12) ELR

GVL

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
What happens if a unit of the worst quality (ex. : conscripts) breaks on a MC and normally should become a unit of a worse quality ( which doesn't exist) because of ELR unit substitution?
Does anything other happens to the unit ( e.g. casualty reduction)?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It's called "Disruption"... you can read about it in A19.12. In a nutshell, it can't attempt self-rally, will surrender to adjacent units at the start of any RtPh. They also can't rout, unless in Open Ground and they can't use low crawl. Can't withdraw from Melee.

Basically, lots of bad things. If you get some Disrupted Conscripts, it's unlikely they'll be playing a significant part in what's left of the game. :)

Mike Murphy

Cat's servant
Reaction score
On the other hand, Disrupted units may be able to serve as POWs, assuming that they're lucky enough to be in a scenario granting VP for prisoners. Bad for them but at least they live another day.

Mike

:twisted:

Barber

Official Mila 18 Dork
Reaction score
Re: ELR

GVL said:
What happens if a unit of the worst quality?
In full blown ASL they are disrupted as already mentioned. But, IIRC (and I'm no SK rule book handy), disruption isn't included in the SK and nothing extra bad happens to the unit if you're playing by Starter Kit rules. I could be wrong however.

Jeff "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken" Barber

jshultis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: ELR

Barber said:
GVL said:
What happens if a unit of the worst quality?
In full blown ASL they are disrupted as already mentioned. But, IIRC (and I'm no SK rule book handy), disruption isn't included in the SK and nothing extra bad happens to the unit if you're playing by Starter Kit rules. I could be wrong however.

Jeff "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken" Barber
Jeff,

You are correct. In the SK a unit that suffers ELR, that can not be reduced further, suffers no affect from an ELR perspective.

Jesse