A19.12 and A20.3

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am interested in opinions regarding the subject rules and how they interact with each other.

The situation is where No Quarter is in effect, and a broken Disrupted unit is ADJACENT to an enemy unit.
Per A19.12 (in part) "Unless rallied by a leader first, a Disrupted unit will surrender at the start of any RtPh it begins ADJACENT to, or during any phase it occupies the same Location as a Good Order armed Known enemy Personnel unit not in Melee [EXC: No Quarter 20.3]. Disrupted Infantry do not rout unless in a Blaze Location (B25.4) or an Open Ground (as per 10.531) or Water Obstacle hex (as per B21.43) or if the only armed enemy units ADJACENT are in Melee/berserk/vehicular (20.21) and may not use Low Crawl [EXC: Night (E1.54)].

And per A20.3 (in part) "20.3 NO QUARTER: The captor may opt to reject a RtPh/Disrupted surrendering unit/stack at the instant of its capture and eliminate it instead, but if he does so all other enemy units will subsequently always use Low Crawl or risk Interdiction to avoid surrendering - even if Disrupted."

A19.12 indicates Disrupted units "may not use Low Crawl" but A20.3 states in part "subsequently always use Low Crawl or risk Interdiction to avoid surrendering - even if Disrupted"

Does the interaction of these two mean:
  1. If No Quarter is in effect, Disrupted units may use Low Crawl or risk interdiction to avoid surrendering, or;
  2. If No Quarter is in effect, Disrupted units must risk Interdiction to avoid surrendering (and do not get to Low Crawl).
Effectively, does A20.3 void the A19.12 prohibition on Disrupted units ability to Low Crawl?

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Think there might be a Q&A on this....
I think this might be what you are referring to...

A19.12 & A20.3 A19.12 says Disrupted Units may not use Low Crawl [EXC: Night (E1.54)]. A20.3 says when No Quarter is declared, all other enemy units will subsequently always use Low Crawl or risk Interdiction to avoid surrendering, even if Disrupted. Does this mean that when No Quarter is in effect, a disrupted unit may use either Low Crawl or rout normally with the possibility of interdiction, as A20.3 is the higher numbered rule than A19.12?

A. It may rout, not using Low Crawl, possibly suffering interdiction.

also,

So to clarify, when No quarter is in effect, a Disrupted unit may not use Low Crawl (EXC: at night). Correct?

A. Correct. {1}

Both from your excellent compilation.

indy

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I am happy to see we interpreted correctly, however, I am embarrassed that I failed to even see my linked Q&A, clearly delineated, in my e-rulebook.