A18.12 "but I'm not dead yet" (think Monty Python)

Mastadon61

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Japanese 247 HS banzais into a hex with US 347 HS.

Advancing fire results in HOB for the US HS. He get's a Hero and is now Fanatic.

CC, Japanese attacks HTH at 1:2. Result is a CR, random selection eliminates the HS.

US attacks back at 2:1. Rolls 1,1, eliminates the Japanese HS.

DEAD US HS creates an 8-0 leader. End result, HS turns into a Hero and an 8-0 leader and gets to withdraw to boot.

LOL. I'm the Japanese. Where did I go wrong? :)

Don Hancock

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As soon as the US rolled the Original 2 DR, and created the leader, both attacks must be re-figured. (A18.12)

It seems that the Japanese HS would still have been eliminated, but the result of the Japanese attack might have been different due to changed odds (2:5 rather than 2:4). That US HS might have survived after all.

Plus, if the Casualty Reduction had still occurred, IMO you would re-figure the Random Selection as well to include the presence of the leader.

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When the US HS rolls a 2 and creates the 8-0 leader, the Japanese attack is refigured at 2:5 instead of 2:4. So at 1:4, the HtH CC# is a 5, and the original DR of 6 has NE.

That is correct, the HS, Hero and 8-0 may now withdraw because all enemy units have been eliminated.

Perhaps an Advance and possible Ambush would have served you better, if your Japanese unit was Stealthy and the US unit not.

Later,
Jeff

Last edited:

Mastadon61

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does A18.12 say BOTH attacks have to be redone, or just the attack that resulted in the leader creation.

So no rules problems with the DEAD US HS creating a leader. I LOVE ASL.

Don

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HtH CC# is a 5, and the original DR of 6 has NE.
Oops. Not quite. G1.64 gives the Japanese an extra -1 DRM for the CC roll. Even at 1:4 odds, a paltry original 6 causes a CR. At 1:2 odds, the Japanese player has a 58% chance of CR or better with the DRM. :devious:

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
No probs with the outcome

Some war movies just show such cases.