A17.2 Carrying an SMC

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
A17.2 A wounded man who is not portaging a SW may be carried by any Good Order MMC at a cost of five PP. A wounded leader's two MF bonus for accompaniment throughout the MPh still applies."

So a squad carrying a wounded SMC has 4MF? Calculated as ordinarily 4MF, less two MF for the excess portage above 3, and then plus 2 MF for leader bonus? I guess the benefit here is the leader now can move 4MF being carried versus 3MF when limping along moving unaided.

Also wounded SMC can not declare Double time, so say the squad declares Double Time while carrying the wounded SMC, does squad now have 5MF? Calculated as 4MF, less 3 MF for excess portage above 2, plus 2 for leader, plus 2 for CX?

ASL Rules questions are worthy of being on the college SAT. I'd even help my kids study!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If you carry the wounded leader with a MMC accompanied by another, unwounded leader, you can move the stack five MF without declaring double time for the MMC and six MF if the squad but not the accompanying, unwounded leader declares double time at start.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If you carry the wounded leader with a MMC accompanied by another, unwounded leader, you can move the stack five MF without declaring double time for the MMC and six MF if the squad but not the accompanying, unwounded leader declares double time at start.

JR
Well, and now imagine the lot of them going downhill on skiers...

von Marwitz