(A14.1) Snipers

morrigu

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sniper movement

Hi.

I still use RBv1. After an effective Sniper attack dr, the sniper is moved to a hex devoid of enemy units.
You all say the sniper counter gets moved to the closest hex with an leigible target.
I take it that the Sniper counter is not moved at all and the sniper simply attacks the closest hex that "countains an eligible-target enemy unit/Sniper Target Selection counter".

Maybe I got that one wrong.

Greetz ... ollo

da priest

Reaction score
wiretwister63 said:
If per a sniper check my sniper is affected I reposition it per the sniper placement rule( within six hexes of six enemy occupied hexes.)
If you are talking about an effective Sniper Check, i.e. the other side just nailed your Sniper, he doesn't move.

If you are talking about an effective SAN, that you forfeit to allow you to move your Sniper, then you are right.

da priest

Reaction score
morrigu said:
I still use RBv1.
No real change to v2.

morrigu said:
After an effective Sniper attack dr, the sniper is moved to a hex devoid of enemy units. You all say the sniper counter gets moved to the closest hex with an leigible target.
That is correct.

morrigu said:
I take it that the Sniper counter is not moved at all and the sniper simply attacks the closest hex that "countains an eligible-target enemy unit/Sniper Target Selection counter".
Not correct. "14.21 ALTERNATE TARGET: If the present target hex contains neither an eligible target (14.22) nor the enemy Sniper counter, the attacking Sniper counter is moved to, .." ASLRBv1 and v2.