A125 Ambush on South Knob

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
First scenario played from AP13, real fun game, the bamboo really makes the map different to if ETO,

My defending American's just held off the Japanese, full AAR on my blog

Ian

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Unless the Americans make a great mistake, the Japanese *must* (IMHO) bring on a large force (probably the six allowed as maximum) on the south edge and *must* bring them on during turn two. If the Americans can become established around the pillbox with full squads, the game is over for the Japanese. In such a situation I would suggest that the Americans put a full squad or two inside the pillbox with one (or even a halfsquad) outside. The unit outside prevents ambush from being a factor. Once the outside unit was gone the Japanese would then find themselves at best at one-to-one CC odds against two squads not using hand-to-hand. The Americans find themselves in an awkward starting position. The Japanese must make it hard for the Americans to get their defense in place, or they will be blasted by a wall-o-wallop.

JR

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I agree, I would use the six to drive on the pillbox in the hope of getting full control
Ian