A12.3 HIP for AFV's

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Question... Is it possible to gain HIP for AFV's? In particular i am refering to the PB CG i am playing. The costs chart says that it is 5FPP to HIP a 5/8counter, does this include AFV's and if so what are the pre-requisites (eg out of LOS or in ? terrain)

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
And an update to this question... does the ATG have to pay for HIP as well due to its being a 5/8 counter, or is it a free HIP setup as usual?

Nate Stapf

Reaction score
Answer to first question, yes you can pay for an AFV to be setup HIP in concealment terrain. Second question, no, you do not have to pay for your guns to be setup HIP.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Nate Stapf said:
Answer to first question, yes you can pay for an AFV to be setup HIP in concealment terrain.
And i am assuming that this means the AFV does not have to be out of LOS? Even though an AFV in PB cannot be ? unless out of LOS...

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Good Morning Gentlemen

The AFV do not need to be out of LOS but must be in Concealment Terrain.
(Hmmm, if you use Battlefield Integrity you may not use HIP at all, you would have enough to keep track of anyway.)
Parantheses is just to tease.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Commissar Piotr said:
(Hmmm, if you use Battlefield Integrity you may not use HIP at all, you would have enough to keep track of anyway.)
Parantheses is just to tease.
Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately i am unable to use my beloved BI in PB as the ELR's of the units are set by SSR PB12. But once i have finished decimating the remaining British in this CG i shall be revisiting either KGP or ABtF (along with "88LL crash test dummy" JP :dead: ).
In this next CG:
- the BI WILL be used
- AAR's WILL be written and,
- I WILL again be victorious!

J P

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dude, you are so dreaming!! and, quite honestly, my imaginary friend thinks you are just a little bit weird..................
after all, have i ever surrendered on the first turn of a CG?

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
da priest said:
But only if your opponent agrees...
Luckily we both use the BI, even for the smallest scenarios (when it is allowed), and JP enjoys it too - mainly because, not only do i do the bookwork, but when he hits me he hits me hard and my ELR (game and personal) has been know to fall faster than the value of South American curency)!

The way i do it when playing VASL, especially with CG's where there are so many variables, is to send a separate Word Doc along with the file that lists all the things like EC, mist (for KGP or LV for ABtF), Vp's, CP's and finally BPV's. Sounds tough, you would be suprised how easy it is.

And to be honest it starts to become a factor of a game - why launch a suicidal frontal assault when this might affect the CG for the next few CG Dates etc

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hmmm...

On consideration and due to further research i am of the opinion that CG10 of Chapter Q's statement about concealment, "Vehicles may not be concealed unless out of enemy LOS" is pretty clear... HIP is a form of concealment and thus this rule will cancel out my little plan.

Thank you all for your replies