A12.15 AFV vs Inf in Grain

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
An 'unbroken' AFV emters the Location of concealed Inf in Grain (actually in a foxhole). The Inf passes its PAATC so retains concealment. If the AFV opts to end its MPh in that same Location does the Inf lose its concealment as it would if the AFV were in bypass of concealed Inf in a woods or building?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An 'unbroken' AFV emters the Location of concealed Inf in Grain (actually in a foxhole). The Inf passes its PAATC so retains concealment. If the AFV opts to end its MPh in that same Location does the Inf lose its concealment as it would if the AFV were in bypass of concealed Inf in a woods or building?
No, the unit has already passed its concealment TC for a vehicle in its location unlike the effects of bypass where the unit would automatically lose concealment.

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No, the unit has already passed its concealment TC for a vehicle in its location unlike the effects of bypass where the unit would automatically lose concealment.
That's what we concluded, though it seemed counter-intuitive to both of us.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The rule that a vehicle in bypass causes concealment loss is one that has always mystified me. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it, either from a "reality" standpoint or from a game standpoint. But I play it as written because it is so clear.

JR

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Too bad the ?ment retainment at the end of the MPH isn't so clear....

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The rule that a vehicle in bypass causes concealment loss is one that has always mystified me. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it, either from a "reality" standpoint or from a game standpoint. But I play it as written because it is so clear.

JR

Cannot agree more !
It is one of the few rules that I really question what the designers were trying to achieve with that
the only justification I can come up with is the fact that the vehicle is going to get ""Street fighted""
but that isn't enough it's what the rule says and that's what we do because it's what the rule says