(A12.11) Friendlies

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
ASLRB said:
Before announcing any mine attacks exposed by the movement of a stack topped by a "?", the DEFENDER may force the ATTACKER to momentarily reval a non-Dummy unit in that stack to show that an actual force exists there. If he cannot, or if the stack is friendly to the DEFENDER, the Dummy stack is removed.
I cannot for the life of me conjure up an instance when the ATTACKER would be moving a stack that is friendly to the DEFENDER. The only things I can think of where the ATTACKER would be moving such units is Infantry OVR (unit not concealed) and Sewer Movement (no mine attacks). What situation(s) might I be missing here ?

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
:hmmm: Ok,....I'm stumped. This looks like a case of bad sentence structure as I cannot see how "or if the stack is friendly to the defender" even fits into this sentence's (topics) subject.

The only other thing I can think of is friendly units in the minefield (in a building or trench, for example),...maybe?

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
Ok, that makes three of us stumped. :hmmm: I know it would be a cheap way of revealing minfields (using dummy stacks that is) :cool:

Sounds like this should be a "Perry Sez" question.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
M Faulkner said:
Ok, that makes three of us stumped.
I believe there was some question at one point if a friendly dummy stack could move through a friendly minefield without activating/revealing the mines. I think that this was the correction, but as pointed out, the correction mis-uses the word DEFENDER, since a DEFENDER unit will never move during the ATTACKER's MPh.