A11 question...

John Bark

ASL 4 FUN only!!!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it's T1a my half of the turn. i VBM freeze an enemy unit in the woods and stay in motion. in CCPh1a, can the enemy units attempt CC against my AFV? if so, doesn't he have to pass a PAATC? i didn't think he could attack me in CCPh. i thought he could only fire at me in his half of Turn 1.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course he can CC your motion tank. That's why there is a modifier of +2 for motion tanks in the CC chart.

As far as the PAATC, no ruile book handy so i acannot answer that one off the top of my head

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Bark said:
it's T1a my half of the turn. i VBM freeze an enemy unit in the woods and stay in motion. in CCPh1a, can the enemy units attempt CC against my AFV? if so, doesn't he have to pass a PAATC? i didn't think he could attack me in CCPh. i thought he could only fire at me in his half of Turn 1.
The squad (assuming it was a squad) can conduct a reaction fire attack at your tank as soon at it does the VBM-freeze sleeze (assuming sqd passes a PAATC) with the -1 street fighting mod vs the bypassed vehicle as well as +2 vs motion vehicle (note the tank may not retaliate at this time). When the CCph comes around the squad may again conduct an attack (without having to pass a PAATC) with the same modifiers as before (assuming nothing else changed) and may attack first since CC vs vehicles is non-silmultaneous.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Corporal Kindel said:
The squad (assuming it was a squad) can conduct a reaction fire attack at your tank as soon at it does the VBM-freeze sleeze (assuming sqd passes a PAATC) with the -1 street fighting mod vs the bypassed vehicle as well as +2 vs motion vehicle (note the tank may not retaliate at this time). When the CCph comes around the squad may again conduct an attack (without having to pass a PAATC) with the same modifiers as before (assuming nothing else changed) and may attack first since CC vs vehicles is non-silmultaneous.
A bit off topic, but I'm curious.

Assume that the VBMing vehicle is, say, a FlaKPzIV (24 FP IFE, I think).

Can it bounding fire after stopping in bypass, as a 36+3? ([24FPx3]/2)=36FP, +1 for the woods, +1 for spinning the turret, then another +1 for that funky bypass side shot thingy?

Just curious.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgii2222 said:
A bit off topic, but I'm curious.

Assume that the VBMing vehicle is, say, a FlaKPzIV (24 FP IFE, I think).

Can it bounding fire after stopping in bypass, as a 36+3? ([24FPx3]/2)=36FP, +1 for the woods, +1 for spinning the turret, then another +1 for that funky bypass side shot thingy?

Just curious.
Sure, I don't see why not. I think (just answering off the top of my head here) that the sqd could claim its reaction fire first attack first in that case (though it might be a case of 'Gun duel' which I would think the squad would win). Though, I would think if the flakpanzer spent another MP to stop (in order to avoid the extra halved motion or non-stopped firer penalty) the squad's reaction fire attack then wouldn't get the +2 motion DRM to its attack (but that might be a case where the vehicle is considered a moving-target until the end of the adv fire phase [I think], so the squad would probably still get the +2 penalty regardless in that case). I would think, however, that the squad could RX-fire attack first regardless (unless I'm missing something else .. even considering Gun-duel), and with a -1 street fighting, -2 open topped, maybe -1 no manned usable mg [I don't know right off-hand in the case of a FKpz IV], and +2 motion, the squad still has at least a 50% chance or more of whacking it before it can fire back (assuming sqd passes the PAATC). Although, all things considered, a TPBF attack vs the OT CE FKpzIV might actually be a better option .. guess the defender would have to choose .. tough choice, I think the odds are with the squad though, IMO.

BTW case A doesn't apply to vehicles when BFFing (since they pay MP costs to change TCA) but the funky bypass mod would probably still apply to non-aquired targets (I think).

Last edited:

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Corporal Kindel said:
Sure, I don't see why not. I think (just answering off the top of my head here) that the sqd could claim its reaction fire first attack first in that case (though it might be a case of 'Gun duel' which I would think the squad would win). Though, I would think if the flakpanzer spent another MP to stop (in order to avoid the extra halved motion or non-stopped firer penalty) the squad's reaction fire attack then wouldn't get the +2 motion DRM to its attack (but that might be a case where the vehicle is considered a moving-target until the end of the adv fire phase [I think], so the squad would probably still get the +2 penalty regardless in that case). I would think, however, that the squad could RX-fire attack first regardless (unless I'm missing something else .. even considering Gun-duel), and with a -1 street fighting, -2 open topped, maybe -1 no manned usable mg [I don't know right off-hand in the case of a FKpz IV], and +2 motion, the squad still has at least a 50% chance or more of whacking it before it can fire back (assuming sqd passes the PAATC). Although, all things considered, a TPBF attack vs the OT CE FKpzIV might actually be a better option .. guess the defender would have to choose .. tough choice, I think the odds are with the squad though, IMO.

BTW case A doesn't apply to vehicles when BFFing (since they pay MP costs to change TCA) but the funky bypass mod would probably still apply to non-aquired targets (I think).
Not that *I* would ever drive a FlaKPzIV into VBM of an occupied hex :surprise: , I just didn't know if you could BFF (or AFPh fire, for that matter) at a target in-hcx, and if the FP would work out like I thought it would.