(A11.8) Street Fighting post-CC

almogaver266

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Hi all

a SU100 that end its MPh in motion, is attacked by a 4-6-7 squad using Reaction fire Street Fighting (D7.211) but fails to harm it.A11.8 states that after the resolution of the street fighting CC, the attacking infantry has two options: return to the original location or stay at the road.

If the 4-6-7 chooses this last option, are the units marked with a CC counter? there will be another CC in the CCPh between the 4-6-7 and the SU100?

Thanks

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
A11.41 & A11.8 May Infantry using Street Fighting CC withdraw?

A. Only if they actually Ambush (A11.4) the vehicle in the CCPh. (Although they qualify for all the other benefits of Ambush, unless they actually Ambush the enemy, Infantry Street Fighting in a road hex must return to the building hex from where they came and Infantry Street Fighting a vehicle in Bypass remain in the Bypassed obstacle. Likewise, no Ambush benefit accrues to Street Fighting Infantry who are Ambushed.) {97}

P.S. No offense, Purist, but answers that use the phrase "NRBH" are fairly worthless. One wonders why you bother posting an answer.

almogaver266

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Hi

Thanks for you explanation of CC withdrawal mechanics "Rabbit", but if the squad don´t withdraw, another CC versus the SU100 will be occur normally in the CCPh as A11.1 states (...CC occurs between two opposing units in the same location)?

I think that the answer is yes, but more points of views are very welcome...:)

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
almogaver266 said:
I think that the answer is yes, but more points of views are very welcome...:)
This thread has a couple of interesting topics rolled into one. The first, should the location be marked CC, has some history behind it. Mainly, when ASL first appeared, a CC marker was informational only and had no effect on play. MMP changed that, but when to mark a location CC is still vague. I believe that any time an infantry unit is in the same location as a known enemy unit, the location should be marked CC. So that's my take on that situation.

The second issue is the issue of choosing not to return to the building hex during a CC Reaction Fire Street Fighting attack. The ASLRB used to require the unit to be moved back to the building, regardless of phase. Back in 1996 Fritz and I and some others on the ASLML argued over it; my contention was that _during the CCPh_ a unit should be allowed to remain. MMP fell on that side of the rule as well and changed the ASLRB. However, they kept the rule in force for units using CC Reaction Fire. Per D7.211, a unit may not voluntarily remain in the location it was moved into.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WaterRabbit said:
P.S. No offense, Purist, but answers that use the phrase "NRBH" are fairly worthless. One wonders why you bother posting an answer.
God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh (Rousseau?)

almogaver266

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Ok, As I understand, the right of standing in the AFV hex after the resolution of the Street Fighting CC is only if occurs in the CCPh, if the Street fighting is CC reaction fire, the unit is returned to its original location.

Well, thanks to all