A11.6 Paatc

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A11.6 says that for a MMC to advance into location containing a manned, unconcealed enemy AFV it needs to pass a PAATC.

Situation: I succesfully pass a PAATC and advance a squad in for Street Fighting CC, with a -4 drm. I miss. Yes, don't ask me how, but I miss! Now A11.8 gives me the option to withdraw to the hex I advanced from, or I can stay where I am in the middle of the street.

Question: If I stay in the street, do I need to pass a PAATC to attack the AFV in Def. First Fire? I'm already in the location, so A11.6 wouldn't seem to apply. Any help?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
Question: If I stay in the street, do I need to pass a PAATC to attack the AFV in Def. First Fire? I'm already in the location, so A11.6 wouldn't seem to apply. Any help?
If you stay in the street you will be held in Melee and unable to fire in DFF unless the vehicle spends a start point (I assume that the vehicle was stopped as the -4 DRM would be hard to get against a motion vehicle). If the vehicle spends a start point, you can use CC Reaction Fire but must take a PAATC to do so, D7.21.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Streetfighting is a great tool in cities, but against a moving target it is still by no means certain...

Its main strength is in threat, just like low value AT mines or Target Aqr. And then it does tend to tie up the unit attempting it... But i guess that is the desperate nature of the event captured well by the mechanics of ASL.